Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Caught out  (Read 2891 times)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: Caught out
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »

I’m beginning to think interleaving isn’t so bad. !!

No errors CRC or ES and a good thru put. Yes 10% drop in sync and increased latency. Might upset gamers but my VPN’s are responsive.

It gives one less issue to worry about( if you are inclined to). While I’m interleaved I might stop DSL stats little point I think.

Happy new year to all

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 10:55:48 PM »

Interleaving being good and considering NOT monitoring your stats any more?  Blasphemy! :p

To be fair you're probably right, I get packet loss sometimes on my VPNs and I do wonder if that is due to being fastpath.  Although I'd expect if it was high enough to impact the VPN then it would probably have caused DLM to kick in by now.  It did once on my poorer line but recovered back to fastpath later.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2019, 11:30:12 PM »

:D That’s my comment. ! Thanks @AA

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »

I think is worth to try eci modem or any modem with lantiq chipset if you are on eci cabinet. My line is stable now and I'm on eci cabinet as well. I tried few different modems with different chipset. And what I realised with eci modem on eci cab you still get fec errors on fastpatch (not many on my line) but when I plugged zyxel VMG1312-B10A I got more crc errors(not many but more than with eci modem ) because on broadcom chipset there is no fec errors correction on fastpatch. So basically if you got issues with high amount of errors, with lantiq chipset modem on fast patch most of these crc errors will be corrected. I may be wrong but this is what I observed on my line.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 12:38:10 PM »

How did you monitor your line using a Lantique chipset modem ?

I was under the impression even on Fastpath US has some system that generates FEC’s. Not many but some.

Also Zen have offered to request a DLM reset but I’m delaying that until after the festive season as my REIN ( suspected) might have gone !

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »

I use eci modem with chaos calmer, so there is a kind of stats to view.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »

Not aware of that but thanks. I haven’t any suitable modem so I’m just going to wait and get a DLM reset mid January hopefully by which time the noise will have gone.

Thanks. Tony

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2019, 02:44:25 PM »

All info in this thread https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,15918.0.html
Also eci modems should be fairly cheap on ebay if you want to try.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2020, 10:33:05 PM »

Wow!  Thats a very high rate of errors on the 29th - well above the known ILQ red limits.  :(

I was looking at your line stats and was just about to say its amazing the line isnt interleaved - then I noticed the date on the summary page....  and your further post above saying that DLM did take action. :'(

All you can do now really is leave it a few weeks and hope that DLM reverses the action.   I doubt the ISP would be too willing to do anything within a couple of weeks..  from memory the instructions to the ISPs was that resets should only be requested if it appeared stuck.   I waited 6 weeks and mine didn't shift..  I probably could have contacted them sooner but I was a bit busy and I was hoping it would correct itself.    However since you have already contacted Zen and they are aware that it's a one off thing, you could probably try getting them to request a reset after about 2 wks if it hasn't already moved itself by that time.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »

Thanks @kitz. Zen have already offered a reset. Can one estimate from the FEC ( CRCs that didn’t happen) what the CRC / ES might be if interleave removed ?

No point in asking for a reset if the noise source is still there.

Tony

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 01:46:22 PM »

Not really .    If you are seeing hundreds/ thousands of FEC's it doesnt necessarily mean they will all convert to CRCs once error correction is removed.    Any spike patterns should still show up though on the graph.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]