Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Apologies  (Read 2420 times)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
My Apologies
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:38:33 PM »

Dear Kitz Forum Users,

I'd like to apologise for my actions on the forum over the past few weeks. I understand some of you have been offended by what I've said. I hope everyone understands that I really do try to not get my self into these states of anger and frustration and I do work on this every day. I understand some won't forgive me and that is fine, I do understand your reasons, I just wanted to make a formal apology because I felt that I haven't actually said a proper "sorry" for my actions.

Onwards and upwards!

Thank you, kitizens!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: My Apologies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »

Thank you William.

The vast majority of people are trying to help and we do try take into account that you have some difficulties.
Best advice I can offer is, try slow down a little and breatheeeee, then re-read the post again before replying.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 12:46:24 PM »

Thanks, kitz. I will take those comments on board.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »

Thanks William,  and very good advice there from Kitz. I've got myself in trouble a fews times at work with a rushed response to an email I've felt has annoyed me. I've  now learned its often better to take some time before replying, or simply not reply at all.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 02:26:45 PM »

;D

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:33:11 PM »

Much appreciated. Just think things through and you'll be fine.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone..."  John 8 verse 7

No stones from me William.  ;)
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »

Thanks, everyone. I love this forum and it has grown on me the past few days as something I'm actually getting really interested in, this is going to help me so much in the future with my career plans. :)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 06:45:34 PM »

I've just been given more advice about my behaviour on the BT Care Community Forums about my posting being a little rude and agressive. Sorry, if I'm still coming over like this on here, I am really trying! :)

mlmclaren

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 10:05:52 PM »

Hey dude, I see your thread RE: Line After DLM Reset has been locked...

I think its worth taking some notes from that thread where you need to make improvement's...

Don't take any of what I'm saying personally, infact hear it from someone who has a known past of being very rude, snappy and also quiet 'obsessive' about my broadband connection/s...

I'm not that bad these days though I did have a wee 'temper tantrum' recently as you saw, now maytbe this was due to some other personal stuff but all I know is since being put in my place by another member of the forum/s I've gone over my previous post's/rant's and taken some mental notes...

Honestly the best thing you can do is ignore your Broadband's state, only pay any attention if its giving you s**t and then approach it calmly (from behind with a hammer... lol only kidding)...

Also at your age (or mine even) there more important things to be focusing on.. such as careers/university... your broadband will sort it self out eventually, thats the whole idea of DLM... its there to save BT any work.... and trust me, you can kick, scream, shout... all you'll do is get knowhere or worse.

I know you might feel like people are getting at you for no reason but most are not, text can be misinterpreted so easy... however I do agree some on here could word there posts a bit better as they come across as trolls... but there's normally a reason behind that (not discussing here)

So ignore the broadband for a few days, leave the MDWS going and see what happens at the end of the week...

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 12:13:12 AM »

I locked it because I was away from home, and when you walk out of the crem and turn your phone on to find theres been a couple of mod reports and 6 PMs about someones behaviour then I had to do something quickly to put a stop to what was going on when I only had phone access.

I'd said I wasnt going to be around today...  but I cant even get one day without drama.   I may re-open it, but Im far too tired right now and have other things on my mind. 

I'm constantly playing catchup on admin and I dont take kindly to someone being rude to respected members of this forum.
I will review the situation when I have more time. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

mlmclaren

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 12:34:32 AM »

I locked it because I was away from home, and when you walk out of the crem and turn your phone on to find theres been a couple of mod reports and 6 PMs about someones behaviour then I had to do something quickly to put a stop to what was going on when I only had phone access.

I'd said I wasnt going to be around today...  but I cant even get one day without drama.   I may re-open it, but Im far too tired right now and have other things on my mind. 

I'm constantly playing catchup on admin and I dont take kindly to someone being rude to respected members of this forum.
I will review the situation when I have more time.

That's fair, I respect that you've taken the time after a long day to give insight into the situation, not sure if all the complaints you have received are neccessary but I'm sure you'll do whats required...

Hopefully these issues don't continue, It seems to be getting repetative  :no: