Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ADSL2 Gaps In DSL.  (Read 3312 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
ADSL2 Gaps In DSL.
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »

I keep seeing gaps in the DSL up and down streams graphs for weeks/months .

I do loose internet.

Had BT OR engineer last week about REIN issue (still under urgent investigation this week with REIN team), he was very good nice chap (he was a BT trainer and knew his stuff) Spent 5hrs checking my line  :o  fed with cups of tea and biscuits  ;), also he tried to find a better pair on 'D' side (without much luck ) E side was very good for its length.

See expanded parts below.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

konrado5

• Reg Member
Re: ADSL2 Gaps In DSL.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »

Little HR joint fault?

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »

I think those thin lines on the graph are where DSLstats failed to retrieve the data, which could be due to various things like your computer being really busy doing something else, the router being really busy doing something else, or a temporary interruption in the computer's wireless connection (if applicable).

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »

I think those thin lines on the graph are where DSLstats failed to retrieve the data, which could be due to various things like your computer being really busy doing something else, the router being really busy doing something else, or a temporary interruption in the computer's wireless connection (if applicable).
We do loose WiFi and internet, also my wife's laptop as well, yes it could be anther problem somewhere.

Trying my laptop (With DSLstats ) on Ethernet cable now ).

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »

Yes, also worth comparing the times it happens to your event log to see if you get messages such as the following:

Code: [Select]
01 Mar 2016 00:50:40 Unable to login to modem/router
01 Mar 2016 00:51:40 No response to login user name.
01 Mar 2016 00:51:40 Unable to collect stats 3 or more times in succession

I find they happen less often on an ethernet connection rather than WiFi.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:11:03 PM »

Have done all I can over 5 days to alleviate gaps in DSLstats graphs it only started on or after the 25th February and only when using the RPi and when using DSLstats on PC no missing gaps.

Have fully reinstalled the RPi and used both v5.6 and v5.7.1 and the small gaps over 24 hours keep showing up

The RPi was showing 100% uptime on MDWS and no gaps before the 25th of Feb unless I manually took the RPi offline.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »

Update .
What it turned out to be was my WiFi access points where set to get the best channel and I think they where changing channels, I have set them to a fixed channel now and the problems has gone away.  :)