Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IP profile  (Read 7499 times)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
IP profile
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »

Hi all is it possible that my IP profile or my bras profile has got stuck, as even when I reboot I always re sync at the same speed. If I do  a quick reboot or leave it over 30 mins  makes no difference using a billion 8800axl. Stats are on MDWS under my username.

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: IP profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:44:31 AM »

Looks like your SNRM is raised due to a lot of ES errors. DLM does this by capping your sync speed.
Your upstream SRNM/Band US looks like continual interference in the middle band.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:38:52 AM »

This isn't anything to do with the IP profile - the IP profile is controlled by the connection speed, not the other way round.
  Eric

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 02:09:13 PM »

It feels to me like DLM has "banded" your connection, limiting you to a maximum speed of 35Mbps down and 6Mbps up; the modem has synced at almost precisely this speed. If DLM has chosen to do this, then it has seen lots of errors on your line - and the errors have likely survived through lesser levels of intervention. "Banding" (setting an artificial limit on the speed) is one of the more drastic steps that DLM can choose.

We can see a lot of CRC errors (aka OHF errors) - which can be seen in two ways: a) large bursts around 8-9am and 6pm-10pm, and b) a constant stream of low-level errors. Between both types, these CRC errors cause large amounts of "errored seconds" - which is what DLM monitors when deciding to intervene. It suggests your line has been suffering from these in a very bad way, given that you are still seeing these even with such a high level of DLM intervention in place!

I don't think MyDslWebStats is getting complete details from your modem about the DLM intervention (it isn't showing anything about interleaving, FEC settings, INP settings or G.INP retransmission data), so we can't add much more to this analysis. However, we can see that DLM has intervened in other ways, because you are getting lots of FEC errors in the same way you are getting lots of CRC errors - and FEC errors only occur after DLM has intervened in ways other than "banding".

It appears you are suffering from high levels of interference. The pattern of the biggest bursts of errors would make me suspect central heating as the cause of those. The others are more constant, and would need much more work to figure out; unfortunately, the pattern there is somewhat masked by the large bursts.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 06:18:34 PM »

I think what is going to happen next if the sync banding does not work then interleaving is going to be applied to your line, also see this has happened before on the 22nd of November 2015  :(

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 06:52:43 PM »

Thanks for the info. I know I am getting a lot of errors this has got worse since there was some work done on the cab in August which is around the time my sync speed was banded before that was sync at 40 getting around 38 on speed test upload has always been around 6-7. If it is central heating it must be external as mine comes on at six goes off at nine on again at 5 and off 10.30. Question is what can I do to reduce the errors. ECI cab so no G.inp. Could if be worth putting my unlocked  HG612 modem back in and reconfigure Billion

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 09:46:37 PM »

Question is what can I do to reduce the errors. ECI cab so no G.inp. Could if be worth putting my unlocked  HG612 modem back in and reconfigure Billion

Step 1: If this was happening on my line I would first try and lower the errored seconds by manually capping the sync rate to 30000 kbps or lower and then monitor if no change then goto step 2

Step 2: If I had a spare modem which can display the errored seconds then I would install it and again monitor the results if no change goto step 3

Step 3: connect modem direct to NTE5a (remove SSFP) use a microfilter and monitor if no change  goto step 4

Step 4: if you have a telephone then use the quite line test number 17070 if there is noise goto step 5 if no noise then goto step 6

Step 5: call your ISP and say you have a phone line issue noisy line

Step 6: call your ISP and say you have a broadband issue

That's what I would do and also check any internal broadband cable wiring just to make sure the issue is not inside the premises.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 11:12:51 PM »

How do I manually cap the sync rate. There is no noise on the line that was the first thing I checked. I have had it plugged into the test socket with a filter get the same results. I ran a cat 5 cable from master socket to my office and bt used that to move the master socket when infinity was installed 18 months ago
. Could it be crosstalk as I believe  the work done on the cabinet end of august was to expand capacity as the duct was dug up between pcp and cabinet and re-laid.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 11:50:27 PM »

How do I manually cap the sync rate. There is no noise on the line that was the first thing I checked. I have had it plugged into the test socket with a filter get the same results. I ran a cat 5 cable from master socket to my office and bt used that to move the master socket when infinity was installed 18 months ago
. Could it be crosstalk as I believe  the work done on the cabinet end of august was to expand capacity as the duct was dug up between pcp and cabinet and re-laid.

To manually cap the sync on an unlocked HG612 you will need to telnet o 192.168.1.1 admin admin sh  xdslcmd configure --maxdatarate xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx not sure if it is the same for the billion 8800nl or which billion you have.

Would very much doubt the cause of these high DS errored second counts is anything to do with crosstalk it's all down to noise on your broadband circuit and your attainable sync rate has not changed.

I have to take myself back a year ago before this line had G.INP when it was on fastpath the daily DS errored second count was 1500 and now it's 4-15 per day with G.INP
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:04:01 AM by NewtronStar »

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:06 AM »

Thanks for the info I will look at that tomorrow. Well as we're on an eci cab looks like we will not get G.inp anytime soon. From what I have seen I think I would help with my errors. Will try and get bt eng  but as bt are my is and according to them there is nothing wrong might have a battle on me hands.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »

Had the heating off for three hours as a test. Errors have reduced but still there. As there anything i can fit to central heating to try reduce the errors that are being encounted.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »

daveesh1 I would not start going down that road to fit a small electronic component contact suppressor at each light switch or power switch or even at the central heating thermostat switch as 95% of those errored seconds/noise looks like it is external (all the stuff before it enters your house).

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/rc-contact-suppressor-rg22y?gclid=CL2Kv9q9scoCFde6Gwodx5UAuQ

You can only do some so much at the end of the day  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:45:30 PM by NewtronStar »

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »

How can can get isp (BT) to send an engineer to investigate as I am within the min speed

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »

I had to call the phone team and say there were crackles on the line, when there was not. Lucky for me the guy found my problem and sorted it out without an issue it was a bridge tap. Although he didn't arrive happy as he knew my speed was within the estimate and asked me a few questions before he was even inside. Good luck :)
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »

How can can get isp (BT) to send an engineer to investigate as I am within the min speed

Forget the within min speed and if your happy that all the internal telephone wiring is not the cause of your issue then I see no reason for not getting your ISP to arrange a visit by a qualifyed OR Engineer to test your internal and external circuit.

Ok there is that worry of a call out charge if no fault found but what if there is a fault on your line ? and you first noticed your circuit had issues back in August.

I had and my first OR engineer out last year and no fault found and no charge, you need to tell your ISP there is deffo a fault on this line.
Pages: [1] 2