Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: warning for kitz  (Read 8434 times)

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
Re: warning for kitz
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 04:23:49 PM »

Good result  ;D

maxping

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »

I do hope that the recent invitation on that site to come here to the "rate your ISP" thread is not going to attract a lot of the troublemakers from that site, especially the several who have been banned from that site in the last few days.

We might be none the wiser if it did - unless they tried to cause trouble here too  :'(

That's very true. However, if they do not cause trouble here, that is fine and the more the merrier in that thread and the rest.

I'm sure, too, that the mods here are better equipped to deal with rowdies that the ones in the other place.......after all, they do have the naughty corner in their armoury. ;)

For those not in the know a member called Griff got up  the majority of the regulars users noses with his trolling,stupid irrelevant spam posting and silly emoticons,he used to post old threads to keep his silly game going,the mods did nothing and it ended with him being hounded out,even the more tolerant members were voicing their dislike of him by the end.

As for the members who are banned as far as i know its only Nob and 1 other member,Nob was banned for falling out with magoo (may be the wrong spelling) and swearing at him using the F word several times,the mods didn't have much option and gave him a 7 day ban,i think it was a little harsh and 48 hours would have been more appropriate.

I would not worry too much about them coming here,even if they did i doubt they would cause trouble, Kitz would have stopped the argument before it got out of hand,the mods over there are a waste of space,they are rarely in the forum and when they are they do not tackle the problem (griff) instead wait till the trouble kicks off the come in heavy handed.

I realise this will be of little interest to the majority here but i thought it needed to be said.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:48:12 PM by maxping »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 09:06:53 PM »

Thanks for the update max.

tbh I never followed nor never got involved in the politics..   

I think thats why so many were shocked when the trolls specifically targeted the likes of mgmcc, exo and myself who only stuck to the tech sections.
With hindsite it was probably how the multi-ider got their kicks by trying to cause a rift between the " OT regs" and the "techies"...  and  it nearly worked..  if it wasnt for the fact that eventually most sensible people realised what someone was up to. 
But unfortunately by that time they'd already lost a good of decent people because they didnt do anything about it.

So because they ignored it and let the trolls run loose for a year.. they are now having to come down heavy to restore some sort of balance.

----
ps Im gonna move this out of theis section -
because convo its not really related to this site anymore and more to do with another site.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:09:40 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

fletch

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »

Hi max/ Kitz

I see Griff is back on CA but know he is Georgeg and still posting Crap,  >:(

PS/ has nob sneaked in as Nobby  :-X

fletch

maxping

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »

PS/ has nob sneaked in as Nobby  :-X

fletch

We have been in contact by email and i don't think its him,he can still view the forum but cannot post.

fletch

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »

Well it;s taken a turn for the worse for nob14 {a total ban}  :no:

May be my post for help will get him reinstated  :angel:

fletch

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »

I haven't been following the full saga due to time restraints but a couple of people have told me the gist of it.

Obviously unless Ive seen evidence with my own eyes I cant bear judgement..  but from what Ive heard this seems like yet another case of the trolls driving the "techs" away. 
Strange that all the tech posters have been targeted at some point or other.  Most just left..  but from what I heard nob was wound up and wound up until he snapped.

Fair enough a timed ban for bad language - but I wonder if the mods took any action against those that provoked him.

Whilst its good to see that there are mods on there now.. it does seem a little too late and the rot had already set in..  and the trolls seem hell bent on stirring. 
If they had moderated properly a year or so when it all started, rather than the then person "in charge" not believing that someone couldnt be 2 different people simply because they'd used 2 different email addresses.  :-X
That was the point at which I banged my head on the desk and gave up!
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 08:11:17 AM »

As a follow up to this

Ive been advised by the deputy Ed, that VNUnet have removed that post and the "ISP  article"..   
and have also disabled the account due to false impersonation.

Hooray!  It was me that suggested Tom Royal should investigate the imposter. I'm pleased to know that he did something about it.

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »

Well, I know of at least two pm's to Tom, plus a couple of peeps posted in the ISP thread that they had reported the OP as an imposter, so you'll have to wait your turn for the medal  :P

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »

Well I didn't know that, so there!  :baby:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »

Play nice children  :baby:

Accordion