Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: warning for kitz  (Read 8452 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
warning for kitz
« on: February 06, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »

There is someone posting on the Computeractive/Vnunet forums and signing in as K:TZ.

Even Tom, the vnunet moderator, thought it was the genuine Kitz until corrected on the point.

Maybe another slanger out to get Kitz for whatever reason.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: warning for kitz
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »

What sort of stuff is this person posting?
  Eric

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 03:16:36 PM »

Nothing contentious as yet but they registered last year when Kitz was getting a lot of slagging from various troublemakers, posted twice and have not been seen since - until today.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »

Yes, as Steph says, registered 11/06/07 and only four posts made since then.

The latest is inocuous in itself, but it appears in a thread where various unsavoury happenings are being discussed.
Odd that the poster has decided to use such a name,and, as said, to register with that name when Kitz was being heavily attacked.
Odd, too, that the poster has been remarkable silent for nearly nine months but now reappears at a time when Kitz is getting once again more active on that site, even to the extent of posting the links to the "rate your ISP" pages on this site.

The latest post is in the thread at  http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=999516#999516

and the content is "hi tom stan has just pmed to say hes been banned from the forum and says kate is still in the clear while being active in

this debate?? " (sic)

I do hope that the recent invitation on that site to come here to the "rate your ISP" thread is not going to attract a lot of the troublemakers from that site, especially the several who have been banned from that site in the last few days.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 03:43:28 PM by tuftedduck »

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »

I too would be interested to know who this is  !   >:(

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 04:05:42 PM »

I do hope that the recent invitation on that site to come here to the "rate your ISP" thread is not going to attract a lot of the troublemakers from that site, especially the several who have been banned from that site in the last few days.

We might be none the wiser if it did - unless they tried to cause trouble here too  :'(

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 04:09:57 PM »

We might be none the wiser if it did - unless they tried to cause trouble here too  :'(

That's very true. However, if they do not cause trouble here, that is fine and the more the merrier in that thread and the rest.

I'm sure, too, that the mods here are better equipped to deal with rowdies that the ones in the other place.......after all, they do have the naughty corner in their armoury. ;)

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 04:11:59 PM »

If they did Steph, I suspect they'd be off fairly fast,  with our Eric on guard   ....   :hug: for Eric ..... 

ooooo I pressed the wrong button,  sorry Tufted .. we nearly collided !   ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 04:25:48 PM »

(Eric simpers prettily :blush: )
  Eric

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »

I would suggest that the main fault of people becoming unruly was down to the fact of no forum control whatsoever.
Once the bitchiness started, then there was no stopping it, until it was too late.
I believe VNU publications lost a lot of good forum members "and customers" because of the lack of control.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »

ok thanks for the heads up.
Ive only had a quick look... but I'll read it all properly later when I get chance.

lol - I'm not sure if I find that rather flattering that someone has to impersonate me and pose a question to the mods.

- actually its quite hilarious.
I mean come on... isnt it just ironic that the whole reason a lot of good and knowledgeable people left there last year was because of trolls multi-iding?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »

I agree with of that some of these forums are pretty slow to react to troublesome members who they should be policing.

I recon its pretty sad that people have nothing better to do on these forums with regards to clearly wanting to cause agro and stir things up - particularly when it involves trying to discredit respectable and helpful people such as kitz.

btw I am a member of very few other techie forums so if you see "me" anywhere else take it with a pinch of salt ;)

I will never be suprised at the next low move bogus users will pull.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »

As a follow up to this

Ive been advised by the deputy Ed, that VNUnet have removed that post and the "ISP  article"..   
and have also disabled the account due to false impersonation.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 02:36:20 PM »

Kitz:
And so they should...

I recon its pretty sad that people have nothing better to do on these forums with regards to clearly wanting to cause agro and stir things up

As has been said in the past, I feel the problem with VNU is that they are only interested in which topics they can use in their publication and the fact that a war of words was going on simply got ignored.

However on a more recent note, if it's not broke, why fix it?
Yet again they have fixed something that was not broken!
Needles to say leaving it in another fine mess.

And I notice their email notifications are still not working, plus other bits and bobs which are taken for granted on forums.

I recon its pretty sad that people have nothing better to do on these forums with regards to clearly wanting to cause agro and stir things up
Guilty, but it never made any difference as they still never fixed what was not broken in the first place.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »

As a follow up to this

Ive been advised by the deputy Ed, that VNUnet have removed that post and the "ISP  article"..   
and have also disabled the account due to false impersonation.

Good ! Well done  :)
Pages: [1] 2

anything