Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How did you find Kitz ?  (Read 9289 times)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: How did you find Kitz ?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »

Sorry for being late to the party. I seem to be missing quite a bit just lately. Busy with other projects.
Anyways as with most other members I found this place whilst looking for information on adsl.
Spent quite a long time reading and digesting the teachings on the main site before registering for the forum. One of these days I 'm sure I will understand what all these bits, buckets and what have you are about. ::)
As for people wanting to lock themselves in broom cupboards ???
Thank you Kitz for providing a nice friendly place to visit and read. (most of the time it is.)
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »

I think I just Googled for info to improve my download speed. I was very surprised to see that was in 2007. Thanks for all the help over the years.
Tony

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 08:43:02 PM »

Stumbled upon the site a few years ago, when my line was acting up, and my ISP was cearly incapable of helping.  So some rapid self-training was needed to understand my problems and tell the ISP concisely what they had to do.

After comparing the options I asessed kitz to be probably the best online DSL technical resource I could find, and have never changed that opinion.   Never joined any other DSL forums either :)

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 10:43:07 PM »

Just over a year ago, I was trying to understand why I had audable ADSL noise on the phone, and lower quality speech, despite correct use of filters.  Googling brought me here  ;D

Never did fully resolve the reason why, but I circumvented it with countless knowledge I gained from articles and forum posts on Kitz, and haven't left since :)

Ian

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 12:00:16 AM »

I was trying to understand why I had audable ADSL noise on the phone, and lower quality speech, despite correct use of filters.

At a guess, I suspect that the filtering at the exchange end (DSLAM / MSAN) was defective . . .  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 12:12:40 AM »

At a guess, I suspect that the filtering at the exchange end (DSLAM / MSAN) was defective . . .  :-\

It was a bit odd - even stacking filters on the analogue phone didn't reduce it, but bodging a filtered/unfiltered split at the master socket, then later replacing with an ADSL Nation filtered faceplate resolved the problem.  There's a thread somewhere....

I reckon there's something odd with the internal wiring of the phone extensions, but never really found out what, so just kept the ADSL away from it all and it's still working well with a fast connection (20k)

Ian

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 12:13:52 AM »

Not been online a lot lately for various reasons (one of which is falling asleep when I want to either watch tv or get online...what am I like lol).  I do remember how I came about joining here and thankful ever since.  I used to ask questions and read info on vnu net and among the people who helped me there was floydoid and he suggested I come over here to join in...been happy to be here ever since thanks to kitz and all the friendly band of followers on here  :)

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »

Well, I wandered in here some years ago to try and help out and still pop in every now and then although not as much as I used to.

But enough of that.

Good luck Kitz (Leslie)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »

Hi Chrissie and OF :waves:

Glad to see that you are well.... and still check in now and then :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »

I had just jumped at the chance of moving over to a team doing mainly broadband faulting

It was either one of my coaches or one of the other dsl engineers who told me about this site some months later.

I passed it on to other BT engineers so ther's quite a few that use it, and its come up in the engineers forum within Openreach

I learned quite a fair bit from this site, and not all just about DSL  :graduate:

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 09:12:31 PM »

And there's me knowing practically nothing about BroadBand and still hanging on in here.
Mind you as you know I don't get involved with Internet questions very often.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 09:45:35 PM »

Neither do I much any more

And for anyone finding grief with the Uk network, try the US  :(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 10:43:03 PM »

Some interesting replies and comments, thanks UB for starting it..  Its also good to see that some of the names that come back from time to time..  even if they are on the other side of the big pond now.  :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »

@ Kitz,Quite interesting how we all came into your 'living room' so to speak.........Still not found the key to your drinks cabinet yet though.  :no:  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 12:08:31 PM »

:drink:
-----
Pages: 1 [2] 3