Internet > General Internet

Phishing Expedition

(1/2) > >>

Peter:
I've treated this as a Phishing Expedition, but I'd like your experienced opinion please.

Peter

This message contains blocked images.Show ImagesOptions Message Body

Account Verification

This is for your own safety to avoid the closure of your BT Yahoo! mail. You will have to verify your account by filling out your Log-in information below by clicking the reply button. We apologize for any inconvenience that this request may cause.

Full Name:
User ID:
Current Password:
Date of Birth:
Country of Residence:

After receiving the information requested you will be able to continue using your BT Yahoo! mail without hitches. Please do bear in mind that we reserve the right to close this BT Yahoo! account if this request isn't granted on time.

Thank you.
BT Yahoo! Customer Care.

UncleUB:
Treat as suspicious,once someone has access to your email account it can lead to gaining access to more of your details including financial ones.

Phone BT and set your mind at rest,never give those kind of details out online.

burakkucat:
It is most definitely as you suspect, Peter.  >:(  Do not respond to it but send a copy of that message to Beatie. They have the means to investigate -- so let them.

UncleUB:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on December 20, 2011, 06:45:46 PM ---It is most definitely as you suspect, Peter.  >:(  Do not respond to it but send a copy of that message to Beatie. They have the means to investigate -- so let them.

--- End quote ---

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12765/~/how-do-i-report-a-suspected-phishing-email%3F

burakkucat:
Thank you Uncle. I knew there was an appropriate location to which that evil, malicious message should be reported.

Teamwork prevails!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version