<< < (2/2)

AdrianH:

--- Quote ---Full Name:
User ID:
Current Password:
Date of Birth:
Country of Residence:
--- End quote ---

Simple ........... no genuine organisation would ever ask for these details.  I expect a quick check of the emails header or properties will reveal the true source of this garbage.

sevenlayermuddle:
I agree with others, do not even think about obeying the instructions in this email.  Further, don't click on any links or images that it may contain, as they will probably be web beacons.  These don't disclose any secret data about you, but they confirm that the email has been read by a real human being with a mouse in one hand. Hence you end up on a 'suckers list' for other spammers, and receiving more spam in future.

Equally, don't worry about it unduly, and don't take it personally.  Email is like an open postcard, there is no security whatsoever, and all manner of people on the internet have complete freedom to read email contents or address labels.  Spammers are very good at collecting email addresses at random, and that's probably all that has happened.  I get at least a dozen phishing emails in any one week, I just ignore (and delete) them.

Peter:
Thanks everyone, I have reported it to BT and passed your info onto my sister who has received the same email, much appreciated.

Thank you and A Very Merry Christmas to one and All.

Peter

jazz:
Nasty thing to get.  You can also send any scam emails to email@actionfraud.org.uk who investigate and try top track down the main scams at any point in time. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version