Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday Words 27th  (Read 1552 times)

scottiesmum

Wednesday Words 27th
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »

'Allo 'Allo   Everyone who pops in !  I shall open up today, I've been up since 7.30   (that's 6.30 with you Colin II  ;D )  which is early for me   ......  it is blood test day for hubby, and out of the three nurses that visit, two of them arrive at about 8 am  ...the third one is always later at about 10 am   .... and this mornnig it was the  "third one"  :'(    however, I have washing blowing gently in the breeze, and scones in the oven  ....so my early start didn't go to waste  ;D

We have a beautiful  :sun: :sun: morning .....cool at 7.30   ;D but with the forecast for 18° this afternoon a little light gardening is on the agenda. 

Hope everyone is ticketyboo and in the pink  .... or as they say here   en forme .....  take care all and enjoy your day  :)    oooo I can smell scones  :o

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Wednesday Words 27th
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »

OooooH! Sniff Sniff I can smell scones baking. I've got the jam ready.
Good Morning Scottiesmum, I'm usually up and about for 06:30 BST however I was ready to get up around 05:20 and for some reason when I looked at the clock it had moved forward to 08:05. So I had a good nights sleep between 05:20 and 08:05. The rest of the night was cat napping. It's funny what sort of creaks and bumps the house makes when it's dark and quiet. Talk about Halloween. Good luck with Hubby's blood tests.
Just for a change the sun is out here as well, a scorching 120 but the wind is really picking up.

Another day of pottering for me and some light cleaning thrown in. I can't stand the dust that gets kicked up everytime I move. :lol:

Have a nice day everyone.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »

Morning folks.

Personally I prefer the scones with just lots of butter.  I may have to buy some now the thoughts entered my head, but they'd be nothing comparable to home-baked.

My moan yesterday seems to have helped as I'm feeling much better today, no 'twinges' at all at the moment.   :fingers:  And the sun's just coming out.  That has to be a cue for a nice long walk.  Maybe even walk the 4 miles along the river to town, and catch the bus back if I can time it right (there's only about two buses a day).

Best to all,

7LM

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:51:40 AM »

Good morning everybody. :)

The thought of those scones has got me dribbling again. It's embarrassing. ;D  My preferences are plain scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream, or sultana scones with butter. :yum:  I might have to do some baking myself. And Kate, good luck to hubby with the vampires. :)

I'm glad you're feeling a bit more perky 7LM, but don't overdo it. And the same to you SS44, try not to overtax yourself with the cleaning; it'll still be there tomorrow.

It's dull and damp here, but fairly mild. Nothing much planned apart from a trip into town to buy some bits and pieces.

Have a good day everyone.

Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »

Hello all, it's a nice sunny day at 11C, more DIY on the cards today  :) and a long walk tomorrow when my wife will be taking two days off and maybe the seaside Friday ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »

We've run out of strawberry jam, and can't get clotted cream   ....   so I've improved with plain scone, butter and black cherry jam with huge full black cherries ....... :yum:    I think that'll get you baking Eric ! :)

Enjoy the days out Mike  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 02:10:51 PM »

:yum:
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.