Author Topic: Kindle  (Read 7429 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Kindle
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »

Have you checked out French electrical retailers Kate? Or the super/hypermarkets? Over here Tescos sell it for example.
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

I have looked via the internet Eric  .....   but they are not on general sale here       (I think it may have something to do with.the not so special relationship between the US and France  :D ) ... only via Amazon, and not even Amazon France   :'(   ...  I am redirected to Amazon.Com  just the same as from the UK site  .....not to worry .... I have emailed the UK site so will wait and see what they say.

Thank for your interest  ..... :)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »

I tried to get the MSE deal.

SOLD OUT

scottiesmum

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »

I've had a reply from Amazon in which they say they have now passed on my suggestion, that they make the Kindle available for international destinations from Amazon.UK, to their Kindle Business Team ....... So by the time I'm ready to buy they may have sorted something out   :)

Hope you are having fun Eric   ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 06:32:44 PM »

I tried to get the MSE deal.

SOLD OUT

Bad luck BB. :(
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »

I've had a reply from Amazon in which they say they have now passed on my suggestion, that they make the Kindle available for international destinations from Amazon.UK, to their Kindle Business Team ....... So by the time I'm ready to buy they may have sorted something out   :)

Is it no possible for a family member or friend to get you one in the UK and mail it over..or would the the tax/duty etc be too excessive ?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »

I've had a reply from Amazon in which they say they have now passed on my suggestion, that they make the Kindle available for international destinations from Amazon.UK, to their Kindle Business Team ....... So by the time I'm ready to buy they may have sorted something out   :)

Hope you are having fun Eric   ;D

Good luck with the Amazon proposal. :)

Yes, I'm having fun. I've downloaded a couple more books (free ones this time). I see that The Communist Manifesto is a free download - now there's a bargain! ;D

I've started reading one of the books, and I must say that the Kindle is very comfortable and easy to read. You can change the fonts if you want, but I find the default font is just fine.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 06:41:07 PM »

I see that The Communist Manifesto is a free download - now there's a bargain!  ;D

So long as your thoughts(Chairman Eric) aren't turned into proposals for the NC  :scare:  :D

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 06:49:37 PM »

Hope for me yet.

UPDATE 23 June: Important notes

It's being restocked on Friday. Tesco originally had 800 3G Kindles in stock; these sold out but 1,500 more will be available from Friday (they should have been re-stocked by Thursday).

The code's been extended until Friday. As Tesco were not able to re-stock in time it's extended the code until 11.59pm Friday 24 June. You must order over the phone by the end of Friday and then collect from your nearest Tesco,

MSE

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 07:02:43 PM »

Hope for me yet.

UPDATE 23 June: Important notes

It's being restocked on Friday. Tesco originally had 800 3G Kindles in stock; these sold out but 1,500 more will be available from Friday (they should have been re-stocked by Thursday).

The code's been extended until Friday. As Tesco were not able to re-stock in time it's extended the code until 11.59pm Friday 24 June. You must order over the phone by the end of Friday and then collect from your nearest Tesco,

MSE

Good luck........I always visit this site many times a day.You have to act quick though once a deal is posted

http://www.hotukdeals.com/

I have just used a £20 off voucher code  of a minimum £40 shop at Ocado (it was posted on MSE and HotUKdeals) ;)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

I have used the site for years.

Do a search for me but you will find I am banned. (PPR):)

I am OK on HotUKdeals.

I used to contribute a lot to MSE now I just leach.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:30:52 PM by BritBrat »

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »

or would the the tax/duty etc be too excessive ?
Surely within the EC there will be none?

scottiesmum

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »

Is it no possible for a family member or friend to get you one in the UK and mail it over..or would the the tax/duty etc be too excessive ?

Yes Unc,  my brother would do it with pleasure  .....  in fact he (and sister-in-law)  will be coming over later in the year, and could bring it with them,  so I think that's the answer  .....  I can then register it here, but I'll need to register it with Amazon in the US, but that's no big problem; I can then either choose to buy downloads from them, or alternative places, and with the Calibre programme I can then format them to use on Kindle (well Calibre can format them  !!!!  ;D )  ......  end of problem !    :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 08:21:25 PM »

o0oo  nice new shiny toy..   :clap:
Im jealous as Ive been contemplating an e-reader for quite a while...  sounds like youre having fun with yours :D

Although saying that, since getting my i-pod for my birthday, I love what it can do and not just music, and I find that use it a heck of a lot for various things. 
The downside of the ipod though is screen size and reading anything is difficult,   Damn you Apple - youve now made me want an i-pad   :no:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »

The only thing you can be sure of when you buy a shiny new toy is that a better one will come out the following week. ;D
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2] 3