Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BT HomeHub 3 -- Wireless Specification  (Read 21177 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BT HomeHub 3 -- Wireless Specification
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 04:36:56 PM »

Eric & Walter,

A gentle reminder that my 2700HGV was brand new, in a box with an unbroken factory seal and that when I first powered it up -- as I've detailed somewhere in the forum -- all visible GUI screens were as you can see in my PDF format file.

Perhaps I managed to buy a "special one"? ;D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 11:53:28 AM »

@BKC:

I've now had a chance to take a proper look at your PDF file. The details are all exactly the same as my v6 model, so you didn't get a special one. :)

I'm pretty sure that it must be the case that the setup wizard is only visible on a brand new router. I really can't explain why you were able to change the login details using the normal setup pages and I wasn't on the two apparently identical examples I have (I did try). Perhaps it accepts some ISPs but not others, but I can't think why. I confess to being baffled, which isn't an entirely uncommon occurrence.
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure that it must be the case that the setup wizard is only visible on a brand new router.

Hmm  :-\  I'm not too sure what you are trying to say, Eric. Without labouring the point, my 2700HGV was "a brand new router" and I had no means of invoking a "setup wizard" when I first powered it up. :no:

The best thing we can do -- unless someone has a bright idea for a series of experiments -- is to log it as one of life's little mysteries. :)

One other thing. I've just noticed that we are now way "Off Topic" for this thread's subject, so before we are moderated, perhaps we should consider starting a "BT Badged 2Wire 2700HGV" thread . . .  :lol:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 06:33:19 PM »

Sorry if I'm confusing you BKC, but Walter's quote from IDnet referred to using the setup wizard on the home page. Maybe as you say, we have to log it as one of life's little mysteries. :)
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]