Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: No Room At The Trough  (Read 1945 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
No Room At The Trough
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13137835

David Cameron has been told by a cross-party group of senior peers that the House of Lords is "full" and he must stop creating new members.

The prime minister has created more peers more quickly than any of his post-war predecessors, having ennobled 117 people in less than a year.

Now if ever a place wanted blowing up............ >:(

Lord Gumble

Re: No Room At The Trough
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:50:36 AM »

Personally, I think Cameron is losing the plot, and fast!

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »

Personally, I think Cameron is losing the plot, and fast!

Do you really believe he ever found it ? I think he , like all the other party "leaders" is a total numpty, still Queenie seems to like hime so I suppose that makes it alright ::) ::)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:19:24 AM »

It will interesting come the May local elections..personally I think the Lib Dems will be in for one almighty boot up the backside,with the CONservatives not far behind

Sheffield is at present under control of the LIb Dems,but only just.Sheffielders are fed up to the back teeth with them so I think Labour will be back in control come May.

AdrianH

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »

I think the turn out may well be low. I saw a piece the other night and people questioned in the street seemed totally unaware that there are elections coming up and when asked about the AV vote 99.999% just went blank ......... "Huh, AV what's that?"

Certainly most folk I know are totally disinterested as no matter what you vote for you don't get and if your choice does get in they still don't deliver. I have got to the point where I just feel any vote I make is a waste of time.

Lord Gumble

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »

I'd put money on the next general elections bringing back a labour government. Things weren't great, but seriously.. can it ever get worse than this shower? They are slowly buggering up the country. The wife and I have been talking about moving back to the UK, but as things stand at the moment, we're staying put!  :P

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »

Move back to the UK ???    :lol: :-X  :no: :no:

Lord Gumble

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:53:59 AM »

Your right! I must be stupider than Cameron to even contemplate such a silly action  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »

I'd put money on the next general elections bringing back a labour government. Things weren't great, but seriously.. can it ever get worse than this shower? They are slowly buggering up the country. The wife and I have been talking about moving back to the UK, but as things stand at the moment, we're staying put!  :P

If I had known 20 years ago what I know now I would have been out of this country like a shot....

All it has become is a magnet for every scrounging migrant in the EU (why else would they come here)

AdrianH

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »

All it has become is a magnet for every scrounging migrant in the EU (why else would they come here)

that and the fact that the police in their home countries tend to assume guilt and shoot/baton/taser offenders to a pulp first, here we say they are misunderstood and give them SKY TV etc.

Lord Gumble

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 06:40:04 PM »

UK always has been the land of milk and honey. No wonder people abuse the system. After all.... France dont want them, France wont keep them. Who will?

CAMERON!!!

ardly suprising they risk life and limb to cross the border.