Author Topic: Friday  (Read 2772 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Friday
« on: February 04, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »

Morning all.  Hope all are well and are surviving the storm.

Im shattered having had little sleep (if any) last night. 

~ In between Zac constantly crying for Mouse (he's very vocal!) and hes roaming from room to room constantly calling out for him.  :cry2:

~  the gales. Got quite a bit of storm damage and fences have not just blown out but are literally in 100's of  pieces shattered all over the garden  Will need to go out later and inspect for further damage when its fully light, because there has been some awful noises, crashes and bangs.  :( 

~  ..... and the car alarm thats been going off at every strong gust all through the night :angry:

its not exactly been the best night's sleep :sleep:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

razpag

• Reg Member
Re: Friday
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:56:04 AM »

So long as 'mouse' is ok, that's the main thing !!   ;D

I'm a bit of an insomniac myself, and heard the gales through the night. I believe we don't live so far apart from one another, so can sympathise about the damage, as there's quite a bit that I've seen on my way to my first job.

Spare a thought for us poor sods having to climb poles in this awful weather. Think i'd rather be a mouse myself today. ;)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:59:09 AM »

Mouse was Kitz's cat who died last week.  :'(

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,8671.0.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:02:17 AM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:17:04 AM »

Good morning one and all and I hope all are well.  ;D

It's a long time since I posted in Chit Chat, but fear not, I don't intend to bother you with my various and several tales of woe over the past month.

Gales indeed, and some structural damage evident around the village..........and TD has been discovering the joys of rodding blocked drains in lashing rain. What fun.  :silly:
Some of you may recollect that I mentioned some time ago that I was having recurring problems with blocking drains......discovered yesterday that the main junction from my drains into the main system, which is under a little grill thingy at the end of my driveway, was full of coke cans and pop bottles... :o . Now, they did not get in there by accident.. >:(

@ kitz.......poor Zac will be missing his pal. I remember that it was Mouse doing the crying when you lost Chas.

@ razpaq.....you be careful up them thur poles.. :fingers:

Winds have calmed a bit now and the rain has eased a bit...hopefully that's it past.

Enjoy your day.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 09:21:01 AM »

Good Morning Kitz, razpag and UncleUB,
what a time you guys in Blackpool are having. The wind is just a normal happening where I am. Not gale force but quite strong as the front of my house is open to the West and takes the full force of the wind across a wide open valley. Sounds like you will be climbing the walls today Kitz as these noises seem to get louder and more often because one notices them more. It's a shame for Zac as you can't tell a pet what has happened to their companion.

@ razpag : just get on with the job man, you'll have plenty of time to tell us about it when you have retired.  ;D

I trust everyone survives this weather, especially our friends North of the border. It is supposed to be pretty rough up there. The Australians are having a rough time of it this year as well. I do spare a thought everytime I hear of these happenings wherever they.

Good Morning TD, you posted as I was typing. Has some-one got it in for you with the pop can lark?

Take care everyone.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »

Good morning all :)

You folks in the north-west seem to have had it really rough. :(  It sounds as though the fencers and roofers will be busy for a while.

And poor Zac. You can't even explain to him, can you? :'(

We seem to be getting off lightly here, with no more than a light breeze and some cloud.

In spite of the weather, I hope you all have a good day. :)
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 11:50:56 AM »

Morning all,

Yes heard about the gales et al up north and in Scotland, what a battering for you and having to put up with it plus look out to property etc, a nightmare.  Didn't think we'd get much of it darn sarf but it was very windy (not gales as such) but more than just normal wind as when it's like this it blows our two conifers in tubs over and that's what we woke to this morning  :(  OH has a devil of a job lifting them and they can't be secured down...sigh.  Still windy out there now and grey....

Kitz, so sorry to hear about Zac missing Mouse, must be dreadful for him and for you to see, it would break my heart...   They talk about "dumb animals"....no such thing in my opinion, they know and feel so much and sometimes I believe have more intelligence than a lot of hooman beans!!

Hope everyone has as good a day as the weather and circs permit....not a lot happening here (wots new) but friends popping in for a cuppa later so we can catch up on the gossip (who yawned!!  :D)??

TTFN
Chrissie

@ TD...missed your jaunts into chat TD....you certainly don't bog me down with tales of your exploits et al....so don't stay away too long if you can help it  :)
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »

Whoops !! :-[ I assumed 'mouse' was a comforter for Zac, who i again assume is a young child ?? As a newby to this community, I'm nowhere near up to speed with who's who and what's what !!! A genuine mistake with no mailice aforethought Kitz.

PS .... thanks to Uncle B for the PM informing me of the situation.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »

I'm sure Kitz didn't think there was any malice. Zac is her other cat. :)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 04:41:21 PM »

Whoops !! :-[ I assumed 'mouse' was a comforter for Zac, who i again assume is a young child ?? As a newby to this community, I'm nowhere near up to speed with who's who and what's what !!! A genuine mistake with no mailice aforethought Kitz.

PS .... thanks to Uncle B for the PM informing me of the situation.

Its fine,just thought I would make you aware of the situation.I'm sure you wouldn't have posted if you had known  :)

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »

Thanks guys.

Right, glass of wine time while I unwind. Then, hot bath, takeaway food and a night in front of the box is the order of the day. Have a good weekend people.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »

Thanks guys.

Right, glass of wine time while I unwind. Then, hot bath, takeaway food and a night in front of the box is the order of the day. Have a good weekend people.

You too razpag  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »

No offence taken at all razpaq. 

You werent to know... and of course Mouse is kinda a weird name for a cat but he was called that for 16 yrs and he never once told me he didnt like it  ;D

Zac is my younger cat (see my av).. and being a Birman they are very sociable and like company all the time..  and he is definitely missing Mouse.  He spends a lot of time 'calling' for him and searching each room.

His calling though now seems to have attracted another cat.. a little tortie..  who made her way through the cat flap.. and up into my bedroom where Zac was.  Oops I think its time that Zac goes for a visit to the vets  :o
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 06:31:03 AM »

Don't leave it too long or there will be some little Kittiz running around.  :'(
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

anything