Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Speedtouch 585 v6  (Read 3447 times)

lemzip

Speedtouch 585 v6
« on: January 28, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »

Hi

Im trying to find somewhere that sells the speedtouch 585

I know its a old product, but all the ones on ebay are ex aol, sky etc?

Guess i just have to wait till a none isp one comes up. Keeps my line very stable.

I have also heard the DG834N is good, i currently have a speedtouch 585 (ex aol) and a dg834gt with dgteam but the speedtouch is much more stable so looking at getting a retail on to tweak the snr.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Re: Speedtouch 585 v6
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »

Hi Lemsip,

I think you need to specify the firmware version as it's possible that it will have been updated.
E.g. I think Zen now supply a 585V7 with "nearly" standard firmware but O2 have their own modified version with a quite different web interface.

Kind reagrds,
Walter

lemzip

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »

Hi Walter

This is a ex aol one thats locked to AOL. No way (well easy) to change the firmware to drop the firmware to a older version so i can tweak the snr :(

its 6.1.15.5 (DR) atm on it.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:44:22 PM »

Hi Walter

This is a ex aol one thats locked to AOL. No way (well easy) to change the firmware to drop the firmware to a older version so i can tweak the snr :(

its 6.1.15.5 (DR) atm on it.

I use a speedtouch 536 and that's very stable and can be tweaked with the DMT tool.

Have you been on the speedtouch web site ?, They can be unlock from AOL !, Have you tried 'googling' 'unlocking speedtouch 585' ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

lemzip

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 10:26:29 PM »

yes, they can be software unlocked to eable the other features but you cannot downgrade the firmware The current firmware does not work with dmt tool

anything