Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesday Burns Night  (Read 4083 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Tuesday Burns Night
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:20:02 AM »

Morning everyone and happy Burns Night if you're celebrating,

The Selkirk Grace

Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
And sae let the Lord be thankit.

I don't think I'll be awake for too long tonight...yawn, woke this morning after 3 hours sleep, saw the clock said 6.30....thought I'd have a lie in but unfortunately didn't get back to sleep....decided to get up and saw it was 6.30....aarrgghh.  Yes, I'd woken at 5.30 but read the clock wrong...oh woe is me lol.  Got an 'orsepiddle appointment too later today which I'm not looking forward to and I won't have time to even try to nap before I go so you can imagine how I will be feeling ternite! 

Wanted to ask what (if you're interested) you think of the hoo hah on Sky tv re the football pundits who were overheard discussing the woman "assistant referee"  ::) (used to be linesman in my day haha)?   I must admit I feel it's a man game anyway (ouch, bet someone will smack my wrists for that)..... but do you think they were wrong for voicing their opinion?  Mind you, makes me wonder why the mics weren't switched off, funny how controversial things are usually caught on camera/air....not that I'm suspicious of course haha.

Well, now I've woken you up  ;D have a nice day and keep yawning erm, smiling.

Chrissie

Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Tuesday Burns Night
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:45:29 AM »

Good morning Chrissie and anyone else who happens by. :)

There's little chance of my being up late, tonight or any other night. I get up pretty early, and by ten at night I'm usually yawning my head off. But if anyone is having a party, I hope you enjoy it.

Concerning the Sky hoo-ha, it was probably blown out of proportion by the political correctness lobby. I obviously can't speak for the woman concerned, but if she's tough enough to have got this far in football refereeing, then I doubt that she's much bothered by juvenile remarks by two commentators.

I won't be going far today, because I'm expecting delivery of a new toy, so I'll be spending the day pottering and looking out of the window. :)

Enjoy your day everyone.
  Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:20:51 AM »

New toy?  OOH OOH - do tell - what are you expecting?

Bloods taken yesterday were satisfactory and blood pressure too - that's my mini-MOT done for another 6 months.  Now I can sin again for a few months  >:D

Off to the accountant this afternoon to file my personal tax return and company accounts - this will be the last year as I have now fully retired onto private pension ( a little one) and enjoying the free time.  I am busier now than when I was working, but on my own projects and with my family - much happier time too.

Have a lovely day boys and girls.

Colin

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »

Good Morning everyone, it's nice to see a chat going again. I must admit that I haven't felt much like opening the shutters for a few days, nothing serious just a bit down in the mouth.
Glad to see you are all chirpy, even with appointments and things.
Happy Burns night and don't over do the drinking and singing TD.
I wonder what Roseway's new toy is. Maybe it's what was spoken about in another thread. Ah well maybe we'll find out and maybe not.

Steady there Colin, don't be too much of a devil. As far as the tax returns go, don't think you have done with them if you have been filing self assessed ones. I thought I would finish after retiring, but oh no for as long as I draw breath I will need to fill one in each year, even though my income doesn't change apart from the amount of tax paid.

Have a good day everybody.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:16:43 AM »

'Allo 'Allo,   Chrissie, Eric  and Colin    ........   and to all who pop in later  ....     brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....it's cold  ....    enough said   ;D

Hope the hospital appt.  goes well Chrissie... :)   Oooooooooooooooooo  Eric,  what is it  ??   ;D    Colin, we've been retired 17 years     .... ( took  very early retirement )  .....  and I can't believe how quickly it has all gone  .....   and I too can't imagine how I kept a home running and worked    .......  I haven't time now   :D   'Allo    Colin II   (just spotted your post)     hope you are feeling brighter   ....take care  :)

Regarding the football ooo aaaah     ......   well I don't understand the offside rule either   ......    :lol:    .....   it all seemed a little orchestrated to me  .... it gave the BBC a whole day to gloat too  !!!

Have a good day everyone    .................   and   ......

Lang may yer lum reek  !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 09:26:43 AM »

Good morning all  :)

All this talk of tax returns,accounts  :scare:

Thank goodness my self employed days are over

Burns night......Haggis.Went into M&S on Friday and bought a couple(well they were on special offer).Just realised last night they are vegetarian ones  :-[  :swoon:  ;D

I wonder what Eric's new toy is  ???

To all those who have hospital/blood tests....good luck  :)

As for the football/female linesman thing........Its the pc brigade gone mad.If it had been a male linesman there would have been nothing said..

Female linesman.. :no:  >:D

Sue is still not well,she had to return to the doctors yesterday as she has an ear infection(Glue Ear) and also blocked sinus's.He has given her strong anti biotics etc.

Have a good day whatever you have planned  :)...........Anyone want a cut price haggis.  :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:12:00 AM by UncleUB »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »

Oh and she clearly doesn't know the offside rule or clearly she would have put her flag up.Her mistake led to a goal.

Aw, Phil, what a naughty boy you are. TV replays show that she made the correct decision, and in very difficult circumstances. :whip:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »

Oh and she clearly doesn't know the offside rule or clearly she would have put her flag up.Her mistake led to a goal.

Aw, Phil, what a naughty boy you are. TV replays show that she made the correct decision, and in very difficult circumstances. :whip:

There is no place imo for women officials in mens football.  :no:

And I am unanimous in that  ;D

EDIT..........previous post edited to pacify admin  ;D

I shall now retire a safe distance an wait to be chastised by all the feminists.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:17:14 AM by UncleUB »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »

As I know nothing about football I'd better shut up then. ;D

To answer those who are curious about my new toy, it's this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ZSHNCC/ref=oss_product

The more alert among you will recall that I originally bought a Sony camera, and this is a Nikon lens. The explanation is that after much serious thought I decided to move over to Nikon, and I bought myself a D3100. Nothing wrong with the Sony, but Nikon have a much wider choice of lenses and accessories, and there were also some improvements in quality and features.

So now you know. I've probably committed myself to spending all my money on increasingly expensive camera equipment from now on. :'(

Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »

Very nice Eric   -  enjoy !       ................and here's me thinking   Eric's bought new shoes and handbag    :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »

Very nice Eric   -  enjoy !       ................and here's me thinking   Eric's bought new shoes and handbag    :lol:

Ye Gods  :swoon:
=================================
Very nice Eric...........My son has a Nikon 3100  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 10:38:02 AM »

Why not pamper yourself Eric. No-one else will do it for you. Very nice.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 10:45:52 AM »

You're too kind. :)

Perhaps I'll go the whole hog and get myself some new shoes and handbag next week. :lol:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »

You're too kind. :)

Perhaps I'll go the whole hog and get myself some new shoes and handbag next week. :lol:

OMG!!!.......You'll want to be linesman person next  :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 06:03:24 PM »

I see one of the people who made the comments(Andy Gray) has had his contract terminated by Sky.He had been with them many years..

This country has lost the plot  :no:
Pages: [1] 2

anything