Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday Talkabout 18th Jan  (Read 1466 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Tuesday Talkabout 18th Jan
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »

Good Morning All  :)

How are we all today  ;D

Back to the frosty mornings.  :( The mild spell didn't last long

Our dishwasher packed up over the weekend, and I have been trying to convince hubby that  I've actually saved money, because the new one is a startling 300 €uros LESS than the one we bought 6 years ago....   however, I'm not sure he sees it like I do

@ Kate,I'm sure your OH won't complain too much about the new dishwasher cost......think of all the work it is saving him  :D

We have had a dishwasher for about 18 years now..It all started one Christmas day (after lunch) when I saw the mountain of dishes etc. :swoon:

We have a slimline one(AEG)and its been very good in saving me some strenuous hours chained to the sink over the years  :D

Not much planned today apart from indoor pottering.....what about you?

Take care and have a nice day  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Tuesday Talkabout 18th Jan
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »

Good Morning UncleUB and anyone else who calls in.

@ UncleUB >> its been very good in saving me some strenuous hours chained to the sink over the years.  :lol: :lol:

That's a good line. Anyways it looks like it's winding up for a nice clear day. A tad on the cool side but sunny with it. I like it. Maybe I'll do some outdoor pottering today.

Enjoy the day.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »

Our family has had an emotional few weeks - our stepgrandsons (15 and 13) flew on Saturday to New Zealand to be with their natural father.  This is a permanent move after protracted civil court hearings.  They went with my son's blessing - it wasn't him that the court hearings were about, but their mother.  Now the battle continues regarding my son's own 3 children (8, 6 and 1) who currently live with us.  Young lives torn apart by adult selfish acts.   :(  As well as the civil case, there is possibly/probably a huge criminal case, not yet started, involving the lady in question.

With the wonders of modern technology  :)  we are having a video Skype session with the boys this evening so that all the kids can chat.

Sorry I have been quiet over the past weeks, but now you know why - we will miss the boys.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »

Sorry I have been quiet over the past weeks, but now you know why - we will miss the boys.

Chin up Colin,I know how you are feeling.But with all the wonders of technology its quite easy to stay in contact,not the same as having them here though I must admit.

I know from your previous postings in the past your son has had a tough time with custody battles etc,I do hope he soon will have his life straight again. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »

'Allo 'Allo     Gentlemen   :)  and to all who call in later  ......

It's a sad time for you Colin ......   hope things do get sorted out in the not too distant future and that you, and your family, can have some peace of mind.   

Unc    :lol:    ......   I'm glad you appreciate how strenuous washing up is  :D     

I've done a lot of pruning the last couple of days, and general tidying  .....  buds are sprouting on lots of things, bulbs shooting up    .....  always a cheerful sign  :)   The work in the vineyards is under-way again, the cutting off of the old wood and tightening of the wires  ......   it won't be too long before we see the little green shoots  :) 

Hospital visiting this afternoon. 

..................  enjoy your day whatever you're doing. :)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »

Morning all,

Frosty here too after all the rain of yesterday, but it's brightened up to be sunny atm even if cold....hopefully not too cold for our wander out to the shops  :( and to pick up some groceries...not my ideal sort of day but needs must et al.

@ Uncy, don't think my OH has even though about a dishwasher...he enjoys  :lol: his stint at the kitchen sink with his marigolds on...and who am I to spoil a man's enjoyment of his work!  ;D

@ Colin 2...hope you enjoy your outdoor pottering...nicer when the weather is reasonable isn't it.

@Colin.....very sad when animosity etc has to involve children, always the innocents suffer it seems.  Very sad for you all that your step grandchildren are now in NZ...but good you can keep in contact with them over the airwaves, wouldn't have been possible a few years back would it.  Hope things go well for the family...sending you hugs.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever they are doing...take care, keep warm and smile through the adversity...a smile is infectious they say so hopefully you will pass that "infection" on  ;D

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:47:18 AM »

Hi Kate...you snuck in there (under cover agent eh?  :D)...hope you enjoy your day and that the hospital visiting goes well.  KOKO

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »

I know we have a dishwasher,but I keep telling Sue its about time she upgraded our washing machine as well. 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 11:05:24 AM »

Morning all. :)

I keep telling Sue its about time she upgraded our washing machine as well. 

:lol:

What's all this talk about dishwashers? I've been washing my own dishes (and other people's sometimes) for as long as I can remember. It's my daily pleasure, standing at the sink and looking out into the garden, watching the birds on the feeders.

@Colin: Your family really has been going through the wars hasn't it? I really hope that it all gets sorted out soon, and you can all return to peaceful normal life.

Enjoy your day everyone, whatever you're doing. :)
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »

Eric,   :o  I haven't time to wash dishes    !!!   Who would do all the shoppy/lunchy jobs ?   :D

anything