Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monday's Muster 29th  (Read 1838 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Monday's Muster 29th
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:16:31 AM »

Morning all who pop in,

No frost here overnight...hmm wonder if this means we might get some of the white stuff?  Probably not (she says in hope) especially as I have to go out later.  Hope if you have the snow it's not preventing your doing what you need to do and that you are managing to keep warm?

OH woke with a heavy nose bleed this morning which continued for about an hour  :o oh joy....looks like a crime scene  :( :(  Don't know why this should have happened, have looked on t'internet and it's a case of choose from a whole raft of things.  Ah well, hope it's the one and only case of this and he doesn't have to suffer it again.  I don't know, there's always summat to worry about isn't there.

Hope y'all are fighting fit and looking forward to the rest of the week, hope Kate manages to sort out the translation "job" she's kindly helping out with and all goes well for the people she's helping.

Keep warm and smile if you're not too cold to do so  :)

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Monday's Muster 29th
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »

Good morning Chrissie/ all  :)

From the frozen north,bitterly cold with another slight dusting of snow overnight.

Sorry about OH nose bleed Chrissie,

Have you tried phoning NHS direct for advice,they are usually very good.

https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en/About/ContactUs

Other than that (which you will obviously know) is to phone your GP when they open.

I always think when you look for health solutions on the internet you seem to come away with more than you have started with.  ;D

Well done Kate with the translation...I hope your friend/neighbour is ok.

Right I'm off to burn a couple more floorboards.  :D

Have a good day all and keep warm  :)

Edit,Its snowing a blizzard now......BBC forecast for Sheffield.......Light snow showers.  :-X
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:53:06 AM by UncleUB »

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie, UncleUB and all who come by later,
           that snowy stuff is going to get more frequent and blowy with it if the forecasters are to be believed. Sorry to bring the misery. As far as the nose bleeds you need to take it easy with the pillow fights or rumpty under the bed clothes.  ::) Seriously I hope it doesn't happen again ait's messy and a whole lot of washing.

Well done Scottiesmum for all your efforts for your neighbour, I'm sure your kindness will be rewarded sometime. It is nice when you have good friends and neighbours such as you.

Keeping warm and looking at the white blanket out of the window is on the cards for me today. I might go out and clear the path for the postman, that's if he doesn't deliver before I do it. Thing is I have to get the spade from the shed before I can clear a path anywhere. That's forward thinking for you.

Have a nice day everyone.
Colin No.2

P.S. That snow is falling right now and it looks like big flakes. :'(
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:27:53 AM »

Good morning one and all, and I trust you are well.  ;D

Oh dear, chrissie, what have you and OH been up to...!
Hope this is not a serious problem.......as has been said, you GP is the one to consult.

Wintry here, wee flurry of snow overnight but not enough to worry about.....and it is even above freezing at the moment, and heavily overcast so I dare say the white stuff will arrive soon.

It is the forecast for the end of the week that has me terrified..........talking of minus 25C... :(

I must get into the bright lights this week and have decided to go today.....the roads will only get worse and today seems the best option.

Look after yourselves, stay warm and safe.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »

Been to bright lights and back safely... :)

Slippy....but not too bad. The harbour is frozen over.. :( ...and that's the snow falling now.  :(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:53:44 AM »

Been to bright lights and back safely... :)

Slippy....but not too bad. The harbour is frozen over.. :( ...and that's the snow falling now.  :(

Nice to know you have returned safely TD.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 10:19:37 AM »

Glad you're safe TD and thanks for letting us know. I gather you won't be taking the yacht out today then. ;)
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »

Good morning all - I was away last week making care home arrangements for my dear old father-in-law.  We talked at length about his experiences between 1942 and 1948, but he can't remember what he had for lunch the day before.  Oh well, it comes to us all I suppose.

We were on Teesside where we had 4 inches of snow on Wednesday night, but got safely home.

Temperatures here have fallen to -5C during the day and -8C at night, but no snow yet.  TD's cousins at the Slimbridge Wetlands Centre have increased in huge numbers with visitors from Siberia and other far-flung places.  Maisie sits and drools as they fly overhead on their way into the centre.  Just imagine all that meat on the wing!   :D

Wrap up warm and just think ........ only 26 days to Christmas.

Colin

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »

Dashing in and out again  ....   take care all of you   ... KEEP WARM   and SAFE    !!!    back later   :fingers:   :)

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 03:58:18 PM »

Cold but nice where I am, so took two buses with OH to Bournemouth. Then had a walk along the front in the sun! ;D Had nice soup at a cheap but pleasant cafe, then little shopping and home.