Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesday Talk ... 30th St.Andrew's Day !  (Read 3819 times)

scottiesmum

Tuesday Talk ... 30th St.Andrew's Day !
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »

'Allo ' Allo  ALL   .....   I shall do the honours this morning  (unless someone else is typing at the same time and beats me to it  ;D )    Jolly cold here this morning, but feel a bit of a wuss as it's 2°  ....  and I know there are those amongst us who are having really cold temperatures  ... I've just watched your weather map   :o     keep safe and warm.

The situation with our friend goes on, and will  for some time. I'm learning  a whole  new vocabulary in medical terms, involving, heart, lungs, kidneys, diabetes  and blood problems ...from that you will gather that  the situation is very serious.  There is a little light on the horizon,in that havng spoken to the hospital this morning  the lady has wakened up from the artificial coma they put her in so that the body could cope with everything that was being done to it.  Having visited yesterday when she was still sleeping, and last night's call reported she was still asleep, this morning's  news is good, and has cheered us up slightly,   although the situation is still precarious.   Another visit this afternoon.   It's difficult for her husband to take all this in ...he's well into his severities, but we are chivvying him along (in the nicest possible way). 

I'm trying to figure out some of the clues on the 'where are we ' quiz  ....   but my brain hurts  ..... I'm in translation mode and keep translating the clues  .... then they really confuse me   :lol:

Hope everyone is well  ....  and stays that way  ....    take care  ....  bfn   :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Tuesday Talk ... 30th St.Andrew's Day !
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:06:38 AM »

Good Morning Kate/all  :)

Heavy snow overnight and snowing at present.Sue was very late getting into work,she arrived at 8.45 instead of 5.45.Had to dig the car out.The main roads are not too bad,but the roads on our estate are terrible.

You are doing a wonderful job there Kate,translating/looking after your neighbours.I hope she pulls through  :fingers:

It will be indoor pottering for me the rest of the day.Just been talking to my son who asked if I could take some pictures of the snow for him,he says he is sick of all the sun and heat over there  :-X and hopes there will be plenty of snow for when he come home(18 days now) :hug:

Take care all and keep warm.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »

Good Morning Scottiesmum, UncleUb and all who follow,

You are doing a great job there Kate although it will affect you and take a lot out of your well being. Don't over tax yourself. Easier said than done. I truly hope the lady recovers.  :fingers: :flower:

We now have sunshine although it's still below feezing and that's without the windchill factor. The snow had a good downfall last night.

That means Colin No.2 is going nowhere.
Take care everybody.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:39:20 AM »

Good morning scottiesmum, unkyUb and ss44 and all who may pop in.  ;D

@ scottiesmum.......you are a tower of strength giving so much support to your elderly friend and doing all that hard work.
I do hope that the elderly lady can recover sufficiently at least to talk with her husband...I can well imagine how confused and distressed he must be.
Wishing them both, and you, well.  :flower:

@ unkyUb........oh dear, what a terrible journey for Sue......hope she gets home safe and well.  :flower:
Your son will be home soon.....that will give you something great to look forward to.  :clap2:

@ ss44.......stay warm and safe.

Bitter here........no snow and a bright sunny day...but cold easterly gusts.
We are very lucky compared to most parts of the country, so will be thankful for that.

Indoor pottering for TD.

Look after yourselves and wrap up well.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »

Good morning everybody :)

Kate, that's a wonderful job you're doing, and I hope it works out well. :flower:

To everyone who's suffering from the weather, take care and keep warm.

We've had some fairly heavy snow (heavy for this part of the country anyway) and everything looks very pretty. I really want to get out with the camera, but the nicest places are only accessible by narrow country lanes, and I don't fancy having to trudge home in the snow. (To save you the trouble of saying it, I know I'm a wuss.) So I'm contenting myself by sticking the camera out of the window.

Try to have a good day, all of you. :)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 10:36:03 AM »

To save you the trouble of saying it, I know I'm a wuss.

As if us tough,hardened weather beaten northerners would say that Eric

wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss  :lol:

Stop Press............London to get some snow,now that will be serious.... ::)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »

Hello all, It's not to bad with only about 1" snow overnight and at +1C, Spoke to soon just started to snow again as I type  >:D :'(.

I hope the lady gets well kate, On our local radio this morning a doctor from the hospital was saying that lots of lady's are ignoring the first signs of heart problems and leaving things to late to get help and was trying to get more to see there doctor at the first the signs .

@UncleUB "Sue was very late getting into work,she arrived at 8.45 instead of 5.45.Had to dig the car out."  :'(

I'm just about ready to go outside to my DIY work on my new workshop / store, It's now weather proof now I have fitted the external 45" wide  insulated door I made (Which I'm very proud of, for first attempt at making a door) With some advice from UncleUB  ;), although it was only +2c inside the building I was ok while working, but I do have a small 1.2KW heater to un-freeze my fingers. ;D.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:42:23 AM »

wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :police:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »

wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss,wuss

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :police:

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P...........

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »

It's fun being back at primary school, isn't it? ;D
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »

I don't understand a word of this... :blush:

:lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »

@UncleUB "Sue was very late getting into work,she arrived at 8.45 instead of 5.45.Had to dig the car out."

From tomorrow the store is open at 7am instead of 8am and closes at 11pm  :no:  >:(

Sue will be starting at 5.15 am.

The staff who work in the cash office won't get finished till nearly midnight.  :no:

As you would imagine the staff are from from happy.

I'm just about ready to go outside to my DIY work on my new workshop / store, It's now weather proof now I have fitted the external 45" wide  insulated door I made (Which I'm very proud of, for first attempt at making a door) With some advice from UncleUB

I like being an armchair helper. ;D

Believe me I have had my fill of cold winters on  building sites.People use to say you must get use to the cold.....You never get use to it,you have to put up with it when its your job.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:44:08 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 11:54:30 AM »

Goodness me, leave men on their own for a morning and there's mayhem    :lol: :lol:

Thank you all for your kind words.   

We have sleet   !   so I will be donning boots and winter woollies for the visit this afternoon; our friends live about 20 kms from us, and the hospital is about 50 kms distance  ...   we let the tram take the strain,as it stops outside the hospital entrance;   I think the husband has enough stress without him driving all the way, and he insists on driving    ::)  (I'll not say  "Men !!"  ;D )  but he does agree to use the park and ride facility. 

Now behave yourselves in the meantime  .....  I can see the NC being  rather over crowded soon  :D

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 11:59:13 AM »

First flurry of the white stuff this morning Car in for annual service and MOT.

ATM trying to work out which is best/worst....wife going overnight to fetch granddaughter or granddaughter coming to stay ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »

Just had a caller at the door from Scottish Power.....he was trying to tell me that all the other energy companies are putting up their prices and are conning the customers with hidden charges,but we aren't.

I had a little disagreement with him about the we aren't  >:(

Needless to say I don't think he will be darkening my door again.  :D

Pages: [1] 2