Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DG834GT - 1.03.22 REV. 1018 - DGTEAM CUSTOM FIRMWARE - Upgrade???  (Read 6371 times)

pintosal

• Reg Member

I am still running the old 848 version of the DGTeam firmware on my DG834GT router.

848 generally works OK apart from the odd glitch - every couple of months the ethernet hangs and it needs a re-boot.

I have tried to follow the discussion threads on the DGTeam forum, regarding the new version, but the discussions seem very esoteric and pedantic. I could try to follow all the threads and work it out for myself, but frankly, some of the debates are beyond me.

So, is anyone using the new version, and is it worth the upgrade?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DG834GT - 1.03.22 REV. 1018 - DGTEAM CUSTOM FIRMWARE - Upgrade???
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:07:27 AM »

>>> the discussions seem very esoteric and pedantic

I know exactly what you mean :)

I'm using version 1018 and as far as I can determine, everything works as it should. It's very stable on my connection at present (except when the line is going through one of its intermittent crackly periods) - the current uptime is about 14 days. But I can't really say that the ADSL performance is any better than it was with 0848, or with the Netgear firmware. The differences in the latest firmware are mainly to do with features, not performance. The only caveat to that is that there is now a choice of ADSL driver - I'm using the 023o driver, which is the one of proven reliability; 022c is an earlier driver which some may prefer, and 026 is a bit experimental.
  Eric

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »

I'm currently on 1014 with the 23o driver.
The debates on the later version were indeed getting complex so I've stayed on what works for me.
Current uptime is only 66 hours, due to a power cut on Saturday afternoon.  :(

DrTeeth

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »

Looks like DGTeam has closed down.

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.