Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thursday thoughts .... 22nd ....  (Read 1131 times)

scottiesmum

Thursday thoughts .... 22nd ....
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:41:45 AM »

'Allo 'Allo from a very warm but overcast chez nous    ....it feels a little thundery  :o    after reaching 26° yesterday we expected a thunderstorm last night  ... but it was balmy at midnight on the terrace  ...

I'm off to have lunch  with a  friend who is expecting a baby any day  ...   this  could be more exciting than the thunderstorm  :swoon:  I'm no Florence Nightingale  !  ;D

Whatever everyone is  doing   .... enjoy !! 

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Thursday thoughts .... 22nd ....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »

A very good morning to all, and thanks again for yesterday's mole advice.  No new mounds sice Monday, so maybe the sonic repeller is working after all.

A lovely day where I am too, though can't match Scottiesmum for temperature.  I hope you enjoy your lunch,  lunch being rumoured to be something that's generally done rather well in France  ;)

I've a 50 mile drive to work, mainly open countryside, and it's really quite enjoyable when the sun's out and - unusually - I have the road to myself the whole way.  Still haven't got used to Wogan's disappearance though, he was always very much a part of that journey.  :'(

- 7LM

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:20:52 AM »

A good morning from moi also. Quite sunny here after a frosty night. Enjoy your lunch and whatever else may happen Scottiesmum. ???
Glad to see the moles are taking the hint 7LM. Don't forget to replace the batteries or they moles will come back. I had similar problems with cats coming in the garden until I got a sonic repeller. I wouldn't mind so much but when I saw one or two with the newspaper tucked under their arm I thought it was time to do something. Now they go straight past my property as long as the batteries are working.

Enjoy the day everybody
Colin No.2
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:28:54 AM by silversurfer44 »
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »

Good afternoon all.  :)

Its like the Marie Celeste on here......where are you,lets be 'avin you  ;D

I suppose with all this nice weather everyone's doing some outdoor pursuits.

Its grand here,not a cloud in the sky  :)

Been doing a bit of garden supervising......the greenhouse is full of seedlings all coming on a treat.

Doing a bit of veg this year other than tomatoes...Courgettes,salad leaves,runner beans and beetroot.

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine.  :)

rachael1

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »

Hello all

I too have been gardening, I had the most auspicious task of trying to prise a large green caterpillar from one of Hollyhocks, it was, to use the common parlance, having none of it. So I have left it there being somewhat too frightened of it to continue prodding it with a twig. Have we a word for caterpillar phobia??

I'm glad that the sonic repeller is doing its job. I find a child's windmill stuck in the ground seemed to work last year  ;D 
Rachael