Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: It's Thursday! ... chat  (Read 1686 times)

camallison

• Kitizen
It's Thursday! ... chat
« on: March 18, 2010, 07:31:58 AM »

It was a lovely warm and sunny day here yesterday, reaching 14C during the afternoon.  Spent the day with my son in the hills and then in Gloucester docks.  I have now introduced him to the art of rootlin' tootlin' and footlin' that I learned here on Kitz Forum from all my "chat friends".  He took a pic of me in the docks - here below.

[attachment deleted by admin]

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: It's Thursday! ... chat
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:44:46 AM »

Good morning Colin and anyone else who looks in.

If you've taught your son to rootle, tootle and footle you've certainly done him a good service. :)

Yesterday was a lovely day here too, and it promises to be much the same today. My friend Mike called me to say that his wife was having a hen party and he was banned from the house for several hours, so did I want to have a pub lunch at his expense. I did, and we did. We went to a place called the Pilot Inn which is almost on the beach at Dungeness and had some first-rate fish and chips, followed by a fairly bracing wander around the area.

It's been a fairly busy few days, so today I'm just rootling, etc.

Enjoy your day everyone. :)
  Eric

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 07:51:08 AM »

A very good morning one and all. It sounds like everyone is taking the opportunity to spend some time in the nice spring sunshine.
Keep on with the rootling etc. I'll be joining the throngs once the arthritis allows.

Have a great day.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Nice to see you spending some quality time with your son Colin  :)

I wish I had the chance to spend some time with my son.I miss him so much.

Fish and chips by the sea Eric.......My idea of heaven  :)

Blue's condition is not too good,he is still having these shaking spasm's before his legs give way.He also seems as though something is not right in his mind as he sometimes just stares and then barks for no reason.

I think Sue is taking him to the vets on Friday to see what/if anything can be done.........I can't make that final decision....what gives me the right to play God............I'm sorry,I'm just so upset at present.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 08:02:39 AM »

Morning all,

Grey day here yesterday and again this morning, we lost that lovely spring sunshine methinks.

Uncy, I'm SO sorry to hear about Blue and can totally understand how you feel about not being able to make the decision it's so awful to have to do it as I know from Sept 2008.  I know how upset you must be feeling too, it's a terrible thing to have to face when it's your beloved pet, there's nothing anyone can say to help you through this, words are never enough.  I do hope the vet will be of help in whatever way he can.  Am thinking of you and Sue with heavy heart knowing just what you must be going through.  Take care x

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:06:08 AM »

:(   aaaaaaaaw Unc   .... :hug: :flower:  for all of you.

Well we had 24 degrees yesterday  ....   lovely basking afternoon   .... BUT overnight was very blustery and this morning is the same  .... although warmish  ... it's disappointing   ::)
I'm off to a garden centre this morning with a Mademoiselle ... which could extend to a lunch  !   

Take care all of you  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »

@ Uncy .... Nice to see you spending some quality time with your son Colin

Time well spent as today we found that his now estranged wife (who has difficulty differentiating between Fact, Fiction and Fantasy) has been found out for impersonating a solicitor and claiming to be one, taking on paid work.  A simple enquiry call to her (supposed) boss resulted in the police being called by the law firm.

My son is now much more stable after so many "unknowns" have been taken out of his life.  Now down to extending the bonding and helping him rebuild his life.  Positive thinking from now on!

Thank you all, fellow kitizens, for your support over the past few days - I feel as though one big loving family is here.

Colin

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »

That's  good news about your son Colin   ...  I'm sure he is relieved that he has such good support from you  :) 

Back from a busy day .... shopping and lunching is hard work  :D and now I need a rest  !   Found a new restaurant (well new to me) and it was absolutely excellent  ..... beautiful food in super surroundings, with a slurp or two of a very nice drop of Rosé .....strong coffee to finish and the price would probably pay for a starter in the UK   !!!   two hours  and a bit later we decided to head for the garden centre  .....going to put my feet up now, gosh they ache  ! :D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »

going to put my feet up now, gosh they ache  !  :D

Its a tough old life.... :D

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 06:50:36 PM »

>> two hours  and a bit