Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday talk !  (Read 1568 times)

scottiesmum

Tuesday talk !
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:39:24 AM »

You wouldn't believe that  three nights ago we were being blown about and battered  .... and I can't stop thinking about all those people just further north from us   ....  but it is like a summers day  ... blue sky sunshine and very warm ....  I've been clearing the terrace where leaves,  which had congregated down the side of the track, and I had intended to get the 'hoover' out to clear up, have been blown into a huge pile in one corner.    I've been chopping back the pampas grass which had been blown about (sadly it didn't remove it completely !  -  have you ever wished you hadn't planted something !!)  and shall continue to tidy up and soak up the rays.     A bit of shopping later and that's me for the day  ;D

Hope everyone is in the pink  .... and that those who have been trundling around Berwickshire this morning are now fully recovered and picnicking in Quixwood  :lol:

Take care all  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Tuesday talk !
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »

Puff, pant, phew - just got back from the Borders.

Sounds as though the  :sun: is shining again where you are Kate.  Good to hear that the storm did some good - marshalling all your leaves into a corner.  Last year, I got rid of our pampas grass and an ants nest under it by a fairly heavy hand - poured paraffin down a hole and set alight to it.  Lots of smoke, but both have gone.  SWMBO was both angry and pleased at the same time - I hadn't warned her so she could take the washing in!  Smoky Joe was my nickname for a week or two.

Maisie and I are sitting in our favourite hostelry and coming to you courtesy of their free WiFi.  It was wonderful walking over the fields in glorious  :sun:

Roll on summer.

Have a good day everyone.

Colin

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »

Good afternoon all. :)

Yes we too have plenty of sunshine at present,but still cold.

Just been ordering some flower and veg seeds from Thompson and Morgan,going to try beetroot and runner beans this year(well Sue is)  ;D

Maisie and I are sitting in our favourite hostelry and coming to you courtesy of their free WiFi.

Sounds like my kind of pub.  ;D

Blue thanks Maisie for the sausages(next time send more as dad likes them as well)  :D

I know what you mean about Pampas Grass Kate,we had a big one and when we decided to get rid..The roots.  :o

Enjoy the rest of your day.  :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:47:44 PM by UncleUB »

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:22:16 PM »

>> Sounds like my kind of pub.

If ever you are camping down this way - Tudor Arms, Shepherds Patch near Slimbridge - good food, good local and guest ales and a lovely camp site next to the canal.  Only 1 mile from the Slimbridge Wetlands Trust area - for all kinds of waterfowl and the like.  An excellent tootlin, rootling, footlng area - Blue would like the snuffling possibilities as well.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 04:04:31 PM »

I can't set light to our pampas Colin  ....  without doing a lot of damage   :o    we are literally in the middle of  vineyards    ......    I could get deported   :lol:

I've tried digging at the roots Unc   ...  but to no avail,  in fact the more I dig the further it spreads   .....  :-X    It's every so pretty in 'flower' as they are pink   .. but  UGH    never again !!

Thanks anyway  ....

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »

It was the roots that I set fire to - the ants had kindly made "routes" for the paraffin to flow through.