Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wed 3rd Feb Chat  (Read 3061 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Wed 3rd Feb Chat
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:36:01 AM »

Good morning all  :)

From a very cold frosty Sheffield.

Today is quite sad for me as it would have been my dad's 90th birthday.

He died in 2005 age 85.He was very fit and active and never took any medication.It was when we took him for a pre operative assessment for a routine hernia op that it was discovered he had an aortic aneurysm.The surgery was successful but it left him with damage to his lungs and breathing difficulties.
He was in intesive care for 5 weeks an another 5 weeks on a normal ward.He fought off one infection after another,but finally he died from pneumonia on 10th Sept 2005.

I shall be visiting where his ashes are scattered later to have a drink with him (I always take a can of beer on his birthday)

His ashes are scattered to the west of Sheffield,in an area that we use to visit as kids.Its really nice and very green with lovely views looking right up the Rivelin Valley,which is the gateway to the Snake pass.

Sorry for waffling on.

Have a nice day. :)

scottiesmum

Re: Wed 3rd Feb Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »

'Allo 'Allo All  ....

You're not waffling Unc   .....  :hug:

Pale sort of a day here  ....   going to keep busy by helping a friend with her computer    :'(  that should be fun !! ;D

Hope everyone is well and that you have a good Wednesday     :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »

Good morning, unkyUb and scottiesmum and all who may pop in.  ;D

Hope you are fit and well.

A sad day indeed, unkyUb.......hold the good memories and smile at the fun times you had together. A bit of waffling in the circumstances is good.. :flower:

Tis cold and very frosty here...have just had a quick trundle down to the harbour and sat there looking out onto Arran, Ailsa Craig, Mull of Kintyre, Rathlin Island and the north Antrim coast ......all covered in snow and looking bonny against a blue sky.
Snow forecast here later... :(

Hope you get your friend's PC sorted, scottiesmum.

Have a good day.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »

Tis cold and very frosty here...have just had a quick trundle down to the harbour and sat there looking out onto Arran, Ailsa Craig, Mull of Kintyre, Rathlin Island and the north Antrim coast ......all covered in snow and looking bonny against a blue sky.

I can almost smell the sea air from here  :)

I like nothing better that just sat gazing out to sea,must get to Whitby this year,its one of my favourite places.(especially since I now have a DSLR)  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:09:54 AM »

Good morning all. :)

What a lovely view from your harbour TD. The very names of those places stir up beautiful feelings.

Enjoy your drink with your Dad, Phil, maybe he's looking down from above, enjoying one with you.

Have a good day everyone. :)
  Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »

I can almost smell the sea air from here  :)

I like nothing better that just sat gazing out to sea,must get to Whitby this year,its one of my favourite places.(especially since I now have a DSLR)  :)

AAAAH - Whitby!  Don't forget your fish & chips from the Magpie Chippy Unky - all cooked in best beef dripping ......... mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Today I will also be thinking of my dear dad for similar reasons, although he left us at age 59 in 1983.  His ashes are scattered at the other end of the country, but I still raise a toast to him (Tetley's best bitter).

Weather here overcast, but much warmer (5C) and Maisie and I will be visiting her favourite hostelry out of uniform - she is now officially retired.

Hope you all have a good day, trundling, footling, rootling, 'puter fixing and tootling.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »

Maisie and I will be visiting her favourite hostelry out of uniform - she is now officially retired.

I hope she will still be getting her lunch.  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »

Of course!  That was because she was a good and regular customer, bringing her friend (me) along with her - she's promised me (and them) that she will continue to do so.  Today is steak and kidney - her favourite.

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »

I'm back now  and so is the   :sun: :sun:     ;D    Some people should not have computers   :-X :'(    ......there was no sound from the speakers because they had become unplugged !!!

Maisie  should have double helpings Colin  ... it's her retirement do !!  ;D

TD   you paint a lovely picture with your description   ...   :)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »

Afternoon all,

Hugs to Uncy and Colin today, sad indeed these anniversaries and certainly nothing wrong in telling others how you feel.

It's been a grey old day here today and yet my weather thingy has a sun etched on it  :o, well I guess it's sunny somewhere but not in these 'ere parts lol.

The trolley was really appreciated by moi yesterday, not an ache in site whilst scooting round the store, can certainly recommend that way of shopping when you have a poorly leg/knee....certainly saves the trauma and the pain AND people move out of the way for you too  :D  (or was that just my driving lol).

Have a good evening all whatever you're partaking of.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 03:31:13 PM »

Hi chrissie...glad to see that the scooter thing did the job and eased the chore of shopping for you.......do you have a licence to drive one of them, and did you change out of your PJs before going to Tesco.... :D

ps...........it's snowing... :cry2:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

Just to show Sheffield isn't all grime and steel works

And Hillsborough,the home of Sheffield Wednesday(Used the zoom lens to get this close)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:55:23 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »

Snowing  !!     :swoon: 

Nice piccies  Unc     ....  never been to Sheffield   ..  and  don't suppose I will now  :)    (meaning because I live here not because of the piccies    :lol: )

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 03:50:42 PM »

Snowing  !!

Where we live there is nothing,I couldn't believe it when we got to Walkley,it was very icy underfoot with a slight covering of snow.

Saying that....its just started snowing a blizzard here  :o  :swoon:

I have just taken these pictures at an area of Sheffield called Walkley,its where I was born and this is where my dads ashes are scattered.The first two are looking up the Rivelin Valley towards the Snake Pass and the last one is looking down on my beloved SWFC (used the zoom lens on that one)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:55:09 PM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »

Lovely pics., unkyUb.

Have tweaked the exposure a wee bit...hope you don't mind.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: [1] 2

anything