Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monday 22nd Chat  (Read 2682 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Monday 22nd Chat
« on: June 22, 2009, 07:25:10 AM »

Morning everyone,

Dull and grey weather this morning again nothing new there!  Hope it's better where you are?

Hope everyone is feeling well and especially Kitz with what she's been through lately.  Enjoy your Monday if you can (hospital for scan for me today...ugh) and I hope the sun will shine brightly where you are.  I think it may go without saying for one certain person on foreign shores..... ;D I'm sure she'll let us know  ::)

Have a nice day.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Monday 22nd Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 07:35:48 AM »

Good morning, chrissie, and all who may pop in... ;D

:rain:  :(

Got a wee task to do today. Several of the village residents use BT as ISP, and for about a week now their connections have been crawling along at less than dial up speed. They have all been speaking with the dreaded BT help line/call centre in India and getting nowhere.
The BT response to them all was "to wipe your hard drive and reinstall your OS"..... >:(
Unfortunately, one young lass did just that...... :(, and has lost her photos etc. ( no, she did not have a backup on external disc )
So..TD is off round there in a bitty armed with his Recuva prog. to see if we can get anything back.

After that, quick trundle into the bright lights for some shopping.

@ chrissie, hope all goes ok at the hospital.
@ kitz, hope your various sore bits are behaving themselves today.

Have a good day.. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »

Hello all :)

Sorry to say that there's plenty of :sun: :sun: here at the moment. It's the weekly trek to the supermarket this morning, followed by more fighting with the garden weeds.

Ditto to TD's comments to Chrissie and Kitz. :flower:

Enjoy yourselves. :)
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »

Well, not wanting to disappoint Chrissie  :angel:       a   :sun: :sun: :sun:  allo allo to everyone   .....   I am wishing  it all on you  (the  :sun: that is :  ;D)  and up to now Eric is benefiting !

You are kind TD   .....  I hope your efforts are rewarded by getting the photos back   :)

Enjoy your gardening Eric ....  no need to tell you to enjoy the supermarket     :lol:

Take care Chrissie  :flower:

Hope Kitz is feeling better  :flower:

We're off to a local lake area today to have a picnic  lunch  .......  in true French style the aperitifs, starters, main, salad, cheese and pudding are  (almost)  done  ......  wine cooler at the ready  ....!

I shall raise a glass to you all !   :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 11:28:09 AM »

@ chrissie

Hope the scan goes smoothly.

@ TD

>> for about a week now their connections have been crawling along at less than dial up speed

There seem to be a few reports just starting to come through of BT slower than normal speeds on some types of accounts.  There doesnt seem to be a real pattern to it, but those that I have seen seem to be say around 1-2Mb on http.

>> wipe your hard drive and reinstall your OS

Thats awful...  I do so hope you are sucessful in recovering them for her.   Good luck :fingers:

@ roseway

I know just how you feel.. I spent several long and ardious days the other week trying to take mine to task, and thought I had it all under control.  However in view of the current climate, the weeds seem to be thriving and winning.  Only seems to take about a week of neglect for the weeds to spout again and say 'Hi we're here'.

@ kate

I'm jealous.. sounds lovely..
- kitz invites herself :D

---------------
me..... jaw continued to swell yesterday and this morning face is back to alien status.
Did at least manage to get some sleep last night and luckily still had some of the meds/painkillers from last time.  Not feeling the pain as bad as it got last time but still pretty uncomfortable. 
Phoned up dentist first thing this am and my new one is fully booked up + cant fit me in today, but theyve managed to squeeze me in with another one in the same practice so at least I will be seen today.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »

Hope it all goes well kitz, I can recomend a good dentist, in poland though  :(

Just had a look at what/where my next job is.......Uh oh! think I'll be phoning a few colleages about whats been found before, this one looks to be a stinker  :no:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »

Thanks Ezzer...  went today and theres nothing they can do... and its the usual 'cant touch it whilst its infected'... and yet another prescription for antibiotics.

So in the meantime my face continues to swell and jaw gets more painful until the antibiotics kick in..  I feel like Im going round in circles. :'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »

Oh dear me. :(  I think you must insist that they refer you to a hospital. I don't know how this works in the dental area, but they must surely be able to refer you in the same way as GPs do.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »

I feel like Im kicking up a fuss.. particularly now after seeing a few dentists who all seem to think that antibiotics is the route to follow.  :shrug2:
The guy I saw today said this sometimes can happen after RC and that a bit of the infection can be pushed further down or something and that my 'normal' dentist will sort it properly next week when the dressing is removed and the tooth sealed :-\

In the meantime that doesnt help me much tonight..  the pain got so bad about an hour ago that I decided to do something about it myself which isnt really recommended  that involves a sterile needle, salt water and mouthwash. 

- No lectures please....  Ive still got a massive lump on the side of my face, but at least its now bearable-ish with the painkillers.
-----

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 07:09:30 AM »

Kitz, you must consult your GP and get a referral to a hospital.
It is possible that the poisonous muck creating and filling that abcess is being generated elsewhere than in you mouth. You need to get blood and excretia tests to eliminate these other possibilities.

I know you say no lectures please...this is not a lecture, just concerned for you. This has been going on far too long now.

Go to your GP.....nothing to lose and maybe a lot to be gained.. :flower:

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 08:43:35 AM »

Kitz,    I think you are being far too 'nice'  and patient about this long running, very painful, saga   ....  it's a disgrace !    Is there not something called 'Primary Care' in your area ?    I thought this was in place for people who wanted urgent care but couldn't go direct to a hospital.  They have a dental department.   Your current 'care'  appear to keep fobbing you off with even more antibiotics, which can't be  doing your system any good at all, and continuously telling you to wait.   You've waited long enough ..... please kick up a fuss   ...... you are obviously suffering intense pain ....  :(       like TD,    this  is not intended as a lecture but the same concern for your well being.  A vet wouldn't keep an animal in pain for this long.      :hug:    Kate

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »

The bad news for Mum is that our GP is currently on holiday. (To quote Frankie Boyle; 'I'm here to save the world... but as a Doctor I won't be working evenings, weekends or mornings'.) and the stand-in won't do any referrals as he isn't our usual GP (I went to see him last week for something, and mentioned something else to do with my leg, which he wouldn't look at as he wasn't my usual doctor and 'doesn't know me as well.')

I spent yesterday with my head down the loo the majority of the day (Typical, also, that it was my only day off this week!) :( Still feeling slightly rough today, but luckily the breakfast of dry toast I ate this morning hasn't re-surfaced, so hopefully I'm on the mend.
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »

>> I spent yesterday with my head down the loo the majority of the day

Oh, do you do plumbing in your spare time then? :lol:
  Eric

Ezzer

• Helpful