Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A sad day for cricket  (Read 1294 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
A sad day for cricket
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:12:32 AM »

Pakistani terrorists have attacked a bus carrying the Sri Lankan cricket team travelling from their hotel to the ground.5 players were wounded and 5  Pakistani policemen were killed.
IMO this has been something that has been waiting to happen for a long time.Cricket playing nations and the ICC have always put money before players safety.There has always been too much presure put on cricketers as to whether they go or not.
This decision should be made by the relative cricket playing governments and not placed at the feet of sportsmen.
Pakistan has for a number of years been a safe haven for terrorists.Al Qaeda and the Taliban move freely in these parts and therefore sportsmen should  not been placed in this volatile environment.
I think personally it will be many years before international cricket(and possibly other sports) will be allowed back in Pakistan,a decision that has come too late,especially for the people who have lost their lives.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: A sad day for cricket
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:06:49 AM »

I totally agree with you Phil. Cricket is generally played in a spirit of international goodwill as far as the players are concerned, but the governing bodies seem to be bent on destroying the game in the pursuit of money. And aside from the human tragedy, this is a sad day for Pakistan cricket, which has produced some of the most talented players in the game.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: A sad day for cricket
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »

Whenever there is a 'political' decision to be made as regards to sport,it is always laid at the players feet.They then think if I don't go/tour will I be dropped,or even considered in the future.
This is totally wrong,the players should be allowed to make their own decisions without the risk of what happens in the future,after all it is their own safety which must come first.

anything