Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Monday 5th Chat  (Read 4518 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Monday 5th Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »

Unc  ...   I love home made soup too   ....   I'll look out for the delivery   :D

OhSnap ....   take some very comfortable shoes for Amsterdam, you'll be wanting to do a lot of walking ......  I find when I have my bad back (lower back pain) using some of those gel inserts in shoes helps a lot.. they soften the 'step' as it were  ... just a thought  ..... enjoy yourselves !

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »

Sorry that you have back problems too today - I can so sympathise.

Unfortunately I have a kidney infection atm, which makes me feel like someones kicked me in the back really hard, and its taking me an eon to move anywhere.  I spent most of yesterday propped up on the bed with 3 pillows, since its about the only place I can get comfy. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »

Lots of sympathy Kitz   ....   it's horrendous ...  hope you feel better soon  :hug:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 05:45:09 PM »

First of all If you feel like a nice soak in a warm bath to relive aches then althought its not for reliving aches I can really recomend Badedas bath gelee (thats how its spelt on the box so not it's not my spool chucker butter fingers this time). you can get it from boots. Its based on chestnuts, it's pricey but its potent so even a small bottle lasts a while.

It smells and feels great (reminds me I need to get a another bottle) don't let the lurid almost incandesent colour of the stuff put you off when its poured)

Had one of those days. the snow was easy to clean off the van but as I needed to refuel and I had a job out of area again I took a road I don't normaly try in rush hour. Oh boy what a day to pick it, further on a busy road was closed for road widening, traffic was horrendous, took 40 mins to get to a turn off for an alternate route. Got to the exchange tested ok from ther, then tried to get to the customer. Who ever designed/authorised the was some new flats were built with traffic not in mind and to replaicate the property numbers with the original houses on the same street is an idiot  >:( (luckly sussed which was my customer from the pole number there fed from)

Next Job miles back in the opposite direction on a very large complex site Just under a km accross. The info from the sp was pitifull, the site contact isn't in this week no one else on site knows about the fault. the main comms guy can't be found and I get some obscure duff info from the sp each time I call them. I'm getting frustrated asthis is going on for hours by now.

Finaly a bit of luck, this line has dsl on it, I spot a few routers and a hub and think. "Thats a poor way of setting them up which is asking for problems and oh look ones out of sync. Turns out as openreach we're officialy only allowed to work up to a frame the other end of the site (which I can't get access to) any thing on from there is done by contractors only. They hav'nt fitted any nte's so we never get a line test ok and the distances look back to front, what they have fitted isn't labled so any one in the office would have no idea about this number I have reported as faulty. and I finaly speak to some one at the sp who states the lines been fine scince this am. They've had repeated faults reported on 2 dsl lines. You could keep your coffiee hot on those routers. After all that  ??? I want to go home

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »

Kitz  :hug:

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »

Dear me, we all are in the wars, this Christmas lark appears to be bad for your health, think I'll give it a miss next year.
Only after you suffer back pain do you realise how debilitating it can be, I had a bout of muscle spasms about three months ago, sounds like nothing but it was excruciating, like Kitz I was only comfortable propped up with cushions on the settee, thank god for the lappy or I would have gone insane.

Hope everyone gets better soon.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »

I've been suffering with lower back pain since I was 14 years old. Under developed muscles. Although I do the morning exercises my physiotherapist told me to do, it doesn;t stop my back getting very very bad occasionally.

Arrived in Lincoln safely, by the way :) Had Sam and I's usual late night supermarket trip to the ASDA, to pick up some food and bits. We're both quite tired, but I'm looking forward to going out with my friends Churee and Bjorn tomorrow night. Unfortunatly, I doubt I'll be drinking due to painkillers :(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:59:48 PM by Oh Snap. »
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.
Pages: 1 [2]