Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: friday 5th chat  (Read 4917 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
friday 5th chat
« on: December 05, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »

Good morning  ;D

Lovely day, blue skies and nice wee white clouds, mild with a breeze from the south west.

TD has been busy and has a washing out on the ropes and..........this week he actually remembered to put out the wheelies.  :thumbs:

Hope you all have a good day.  :)

fudgem

• Reg Member
Re: friday 5th chat
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:59:20 AM »

We're still ankle deep in snow, and icy underfoot.  I'm staying home and keeping warm :(

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:05:20 AM »

At the risk of TD taking the cloth again    :sun: :sun: :lol:

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »

Well I attempted to get to work again and failed, all the slush and ice froze overnight, saw one woman fall, even though she was doing as I was doing and walking on the grass verge, problem is every now and again you encounter a sloping driveway, turned round and came home cautiously. Good job I've got an understanding boss.

Catching up on shredding those important but useless bits of paper in between annoying you lot on here.

When I opened the kitchen blind this morning to my surprise there was about three Long Tailed Tits attacking my fat ball. For some reason the sparrows are ignoring my peanuts, they are the usual brand which they have devoured previously with gusto.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »

You lucky thing, long tailed tits...............enchanting little fur balls.  ;D

ps..........would someone tell scottiesmum that I refuse to read her post... >:(

:D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »

Ooh TD, that's beautiful. I've taken the liberty of downloading and printing it.

Sorry to hear about you folks north of Watford suffering from the weather. I'm afraid that here darn sarf it's a lovely day. :)

Eric

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »

Had to get the binoculars out to double check, I think I mentioned earlier that I had a gang of them in autumn in my Hebe near the kitchen door. This is the first year I have ever seen them. Those tiny little bills were probably not making much of an impact on the ball. Another bird I see at this time of year flitting about, especially around the co-op is pied wagtails, I know they're fairly common but this is the time of year when I see them. One bird I don't see is Bullfinches, but there may be enough food in the wild bit behind me not to tempt them into the garden.

Its a lovely day here, sun is now shining, but only from the comfort of looking out of the living room window. ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 12:00:20 PM »

from sunny Sheffield,the snow seems to have passed us by.  :thumbs:
That is a beautiful photo TD,your camera work does you credit.  :)
Just done the weekly shopping,had a nice breakfast,time to chill out.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 12:05:32 PM »

Goodness another one cavorting about in their dressing gown, hope you had your warm undies on. :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »

Goodness another one cavorting about in their dressing gown, hope you had your warm undies on. :lol:

Only my sparkly ones.

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »

TD   ..  Admit it  ....    it's all your fault  !!!!!   :D   within the last 10 minutes  :o :o  our lovely  warm sunny morning has suddenly developed into one HECK of a thunder and lightening show,  AND  now it is torrrenting down   ......    :o :o  our  electricity momentarily went off  and Scotty is hiding under my desk ....trembling   .....     :'(         definitely duck for dinner tonight  !  >:D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »

>> definitely duck for dinner tonight  !

Careful Kate, TD might decide to have roast dog :lol:
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »

Aha...............the power of prayer.  :lol:

Roast dog ... :'(

I somehow can't see unkyUb as a wee quiet, retiring sort of mouse...........more of a rottweiller, really.   :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »

I braved the elements  in order to restock the "pantry"  and alternated between the windscreen wipers on full pelt and sunglasses  :'(   -  the clouds parted in time for me to get out of the car and back into it again, and guess what TD  I spotted some Scottish pheasants   ...  they are frozen but none the less -  we used to get a lot of game straight from the shooting fraternity when we were in the UK, but haven't had pheasant here for a long time, so I was pleased to find those today.    There is a huge shooting fraternity here, and we see them walking up our  track here looking like Rambo with all the kit on and their dogs at their sides.   Shooting in the vineyards is very much a no no ... but there is a large wood down in the valley where they all seem to head for and at times it's as if WW3 has started  :'(   BUT I NEVER see anything they've shot !!    I think they just like dressing up  :D   ...... so I've not found a supplier of fresh pheasant ....  YET  !!!    A near neighbour used to raise them purely for eating and we used to be able to get them from her, but she has since died .... 

It's still duck for dinner though  .................... I've not forgotten   :lol:

Roast dog  !!! :o :o    Eric,   I'll get Unc to set Blue onto to you   :P  OR   perhaps just Unc if he's a rottweiller    :D  though I suspect he's really a big pussycat  ;)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »

@ scottiesmum >>>>   I spotted some Scottish pheasants   ...  they are frozen <<<<

They are here too, including the ones that are still running around..............brrrr  :D

By the way, scottiesmum, just where exactly were you "shopping"....http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article5292474.ece...... :lol:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:10:56 PM by tuftedduck »
Pages: [1] 2

anything