Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Monday 1st Chat  (Read 3753 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Monday 1st Chat
« on: December 01, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »

Good morning everyone,
Still dark out so not sure about the weather, feels cold though brrr..  A pinch and a punch etc.... where did the rest of the year go to!

Hope you all have a good day today...for my sins off to hosp appt later...ugh, can think of better things to do with my day.  Have a guddun everyone and keep warm.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

fudgem

• Reg Member
Re: Monday 1st Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:56:01 AM »

Having spent the weekend up in Scotland, I'm delighted to be back in Leeds where the temperature is positively spring like compared to the sub zero ones in Livingston.  I've never seen frost so thick, I thought it had snowed :o

Hope your hospital visit isn't too traumatic, I'm just finishing off my festive shopping today

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:10:15 AM »

Morning  :)

Ooooh, it is bitter here today....cold, cold.  :(

We had a partial thaw yesterday afternoon, then a bit sleety snow and then.........it froze overnight, so instead of nice crispy frost to walk on, we have something akin to an icerink.
The village is resounding to the sound of merry, festive windscreen scraping.. :'(

Chrissie, hope it goes ok at the hospital, and Fudgem, enjoy the shopping.

Off down to the river again in a while to break up the ice for the ducks, then fill up the bird feeders, then...........the fire beckons  :D

Have a good day.  ;D

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 07:25:41 AM »

Don't you people ever sleep or have you not got a bed to go to?  :lol:
Okay I know the answer to that one.

Went to be at 12:30 then woke up at 03:30,  I was too hot to get back to sleep so have been up ever since, and the heating was not even on.
No-doubt I'll sleep-in tomorrow to make up for it.

Chrissie, have a good visit at the hospital and I hope it's not serious.
I also start Physio today for my shoulder.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:11:55 PM »

Chilly looking local golf course, just before noon.
Not many out playing today... :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »

That's a beautiful 'photo TD   ...   :)    but it's made me shiver   :o       Quite mild and calm here today - the yellow duster was even peeking at one point  :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »

TD is a very happy bunny today........I don't have to move house (what a relief )  ;D

The move to the new place was severely delayed as TD had completely forgotten that the dreaded HIP ( Home Information Pack) thing was being introduced in Scotland and had to scurry around to get that in train.
Luckily, no contracts had been signed as a wee scheme that has been brewing for a week or so has been implemented and confirmed.
TD's grandson is coming from Canada, along with his wife, to take up a two year post as a secondment from his employer.........his place of work will be only a thirty/forty minute commute from TD Towers and rather than rent or buy a place for that two years.............they are coming to move into the "other" half of the Towers.

OK, my problem will re-emerge in two years time, but a lot can happen in that period ( at my age it probably will ) and we will worry about it then.

They will be here sometime in February.
 :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

ps have told him he will have to get his own phone line and BB connection.   >:D

Oooh ooo..   :D :D

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:25:06 PM by tuftedduck »

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »

TD,
Sorry about the HIPS after all that packing that you have done.
Still! If you are thinking about moving in two years, and knowing our male capabilities with packing, I trust that the 'stuff' can remain 'packed' as it was "not really important"!

Hope that your grandson and his wife, (is she Canadian?) settle in OK for a couple of years.
Just hope there are no great-grand-ducklings during the next 24 months to keep you awake during the night. Unless, ofcourse, they are so far over in the East Wing that you will not be disturbed.

dave 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »

What a lovely photo....  look at the long shadows... and is that a rare sighting of a TD that I see in those shadows.

Good news about the move, and just in time eh?

PS lol @ the ducks in your sig :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »

I don't know, the things people conjure up to avoid packing............. invite the grandchildren over for 2 years.

Although, does Scotland no longer have the verbal contract (Which England does not recognise) since the H.I.P. system came into force?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »

Thats great news TD about your family coming to stay,methinks on the quiet you are pleased to be staying put.Home is wher the heart is.

TD showing family around the village.

PS,lovely photo.  :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »

That's great news TD, I got the feeling you were heavy hearted about it. You never know they may like it and stay.

I saw three Black Swans to-day, they don't usually wander away from the lake on campus but like you we had a hard frost last night and they were looking for grass that had lost its covering in the sun. The geese had obviously been out for a wander on Sunday and left their usually calling card all over the place.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »

aww... how cute is that UB

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »

TD is still dancing a jig... :D

OF, that which is binding in Scotland, and it is still in force, is the offer to buy. A tool to prevent gazzumping in that when you make an offer, that is it....no dutch auction as you cannot vary your offer to beat the opposition and you do not learn the terms of any other offer, but the contract does not become binding until that offer is accepted.

My receiving of binding offers was invalid and the offers declared null and void as I had failed to provide the HIP.

My offer to purchase the "new" property was valid but although binding to the extent as above, had not been accepted as yet and can be therefor withdrawn.

Black swans......lovely........hope their lake isn't frozen over.

And you are right, both of you.............I did not want to leave here and the thought of the hassle of doing so was killing me..................as for lots of wee ducklings about the place.....just great if it were to happen.  :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »

Delighted with your news TD   .....  what good timing !

TD  looking VERY pleased !   
Pages: [1] 2

anything