Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wekend Chat  (Read 9386 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Wekend Chat
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:33:01 AM »

Morning all,

Couldn't get online at all yesterday... ruddy Orange...argh!  Not a good day for me in other directions either....my darling Percy was really unwell and still not out of the woods.  He hasn't been eating due to the injection (ouch) my vet gave him and of course he lost a lot of weight.  Think he might have cancer too (as well as the gut problem)...but he is as chirpy as he can be and last night started to eat again.  Oh gosh, how we love our animals but what a worry they are to us....worse than having children methinks as our darling animals can't tell us what's wrong  :(

Anyway....decorating finished but it's the "after decorating stuff" that has to be done and why is it that the "little jobs" always take the longest and never go right....sigh!

I hope you all have a good day today whatever you're doing.....looks as though the sun is showing it's face today but I won't speak too soon as we all know it has a tendency to hide again when we notice it!

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

fudgem

• Reg Member
Re: Wekend Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »

That's a shame Chrissie, I hope Percy soon gets better.

I have my daughter and grandchildren down from Scotland for the weekend, they spent all last night playing on my wii fit, and had us in fits of laughter with their antics.  Shopping today for 13 year old GD, then tomorrow huge family dinner.  Luckily, with my broken wrist still in plaster, I don't have to do the veg or wash up, purely a supervisory role for a change ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:52:30 AM »

>>> Luckily, with my broken wrist still in plaster, I don't have to do the veg or wash up, purely a supervisory role for a change

That's rather a drastic way to get out of the washing up, Anne :)

Sorry to hear about Percy, Chrissie. What anguish our pets bring us sometimes, as well as the joy.

It's gardening for me today, autumn tidying up. I'll have a sore back tomorrow. :(
  Eric

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »

Last night, I trained the girl that I hired, and was quite proud of myself ^_^ She had never worked in a bar before, yet by the end of the night she was working like a pro :)

Tonight I'm working again. As usual! I have Sunday off work-work, but instead I'm doing some work for Fearless Records in Manchester, which I'm looking forward to because I really love doing music promotion ^_^ plus, during the day, I'm spending some time with Larkin, since he's at Uni in Manchester. We're going to RICE Bar ^_^ which is the best fast food restaurant ever.
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 03:15:15 PM »

Manchester Uni is a great place, I spent 3 happy years there (a very long time ago now). :)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »

He was really excited before he left. Haven't had chance to chat with him since he's been gone, but I'll catch up with him tomorrow!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 04:01:17 AM »

Sorry Percy isnt too good chrissie - hope he's soon better.

Anne - how did you break your wrist :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »

Morning..........a lovely day today, nice and sunny and warm.

Chrissie, sorry to hear that Percy is not feeling too well these days, hope the vet can sort him out and that he will be back to full bounce before too long.

We have had a run of poorly pets recently..............what is the latest update on Chaz ?

Fudgem, hope the broken wrist is not curtailing the glass lifting too much.

Haven't seen many posts recently from yorkie............hope she is all ok.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 10:25:56 AM »

Its okay I'm still alive, just, working full time at the moment and  by the time I've walked home after 6 and half hours on my feet, sorted cat's tea and mine out I'm whacked, can barely waggle me mouse. Wish I had Oh Snaps' stammina.

I was going to suggest Anne should take more water with it.

It was beautiful day here yesterday, took the opportunity to cut some plants back that had flopped on to the path with the rain, my cheeky Robin came and helped, apparently he goes next door as well. Cann't believe I saw my first Red Admiral of the year yesterday on the last of the Buddleia flowers.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

>> Cann't believe I saw my first Red Admiral of the year yesterday on the last of the Buddleia flowers.

I know exactly what you mean Yorkie.   I have a dozen or so of well established Buddleia's and some years my displays of butterflies are wonderful...   There was one memorial summer a couple of years ago when one warm summers evening there was literally hundreds of them basking on the ground and around the garden soaking up the last of the days warm rays.

Theres a small patch of my garden where a few weeds and other plants such a a few nettles are allowed to grow a bit wild..  and there are times when self seeding "granny bonnets" get totally stripped bare by the caterpillars.  But by doing this I dont feel too bad about the more expensive plants which are a "no go" zone.  -some pics

I get a huge variety of butterflies and July & August theres normally at least a few dozen of some sort fluttering around.
Red Admirals, Painted Ladies, Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Commas, Fritillaries, Purple Hairstreaks, various whites and skippers and some tiny blue butterflies which I dont know what they are that normally appear in abundance in June.

This year I saw about half a dozen of the tiny blue butterflies in August (much later than normal), and Ive seen about 8 Red Admirals starting from about a week or so ago...  aside from a few whites thats been the lot.
About 2 weeks ago I had a crop of a couple of hundred small caterpillars which were on the budleas.  I left them alone and theyve now all gone but what they were or what happened to them aside from eaten leaves theres no evidence.  :'(

---------

And whilst on a similar topic anyone know what these beasties are?   
There's 2 sorts.  The bright lime green ones and then a more bluey/green one which much more pronounced side white stripes and black dots.

I normally get quite a few of these..  but this year despite having a bumper crop of apples (I picked up several hundred windfalls the other week), this year for the first time there hasnt been any at all :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

The first one is a privet hawk moth
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »

Thanks ym eric :)

- I did suspect that they are both types of hawk moths but didnt know which sort.
I also assume that one of the types was the offspring of these things which appear at dusk.

-----

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »

Mum, do you remember when I was about 7 and I found that really huge evil looking caterpillar thing hanging off the shed? Did we ever find out what that was?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 01:38:53 PM »

again because of the size and the spike on the end...  assume it was one of the hawk type moths.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 03:30:09 PM »

The second caterpillar picture looks a bit like an eyed hawk moth although I couldn't be sure. I can't identify the moth on the buddleia at all.
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3