Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday chat  (Read 2862 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Friday chat
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »

Mornin all,very wet here.I am glad we came home yesterday as this bad weather is forecast for the weekend.We got a refund for 2 nights so it wasn't too bad.Still doesn't make up for having to cut your holiday short though.
@ TD,hope you are not too down today after your car ordeal.Any luck with the insurance?
Try and dodge the rain today whatever you're doing.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Friday chat
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:03:05 PM »

Morning.

Yeah another wet and miserable day here too :/
Took Chaz to the vets this morning..  where I found it most amusing that the vet struggled to get him to take his tablets too and spat them out for the vet.
This was despite using 2 different aids, one of which almost looked like a long needleless syringe which she stuck down his mouth... which he also manage to promptly spit out the tablet from several times.
Glad it isnt just me. :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »

Afternoon, 'tis grey here today and quite cold, leaves coming off the tree in the wind..........a real touch of Autumn.

Yes, unkyUb cheered up a bit today.................but this is my first visit here today................has something been wrong on the site, been trying since about 9.30 am and it was slow as treacle...........maybe it was virgin.media at fault.

That Chaz has a mind of his own..............have you tried starving him for a day or so, he might then go at his food with such gusto that he would not care what it was he was eating as long as it reached his stomach.

Wee update on the car......the insurance man has been round and after much head shaking, drawing breath through his teeth and muttering threats against all teenagers he declared my Merc as a write off.
I'll get a fair bit of a settlement from them and have been in touch with my local dealer and have bought a replacement horseless carriage, not a Merc but something more suited to my current motoring needs, a Ford C-Max. It is about six months old, but as new. Will get that later today so not off the road for too long. :)
Why I left the car on the street instead of putting it away in the garage I don't know...........the very night that the kickers were out, I hear that I was not the only victim that night.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:10:54 PM by tuftedduck »

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »

Constant drizzle, just worked from a cabinet which is in an arkward position, a nearby bridge means the traffic noise drowns out any signal/dial tone. got the fault through all me allocated jobs cleared  :), Now off to another exchange, do a few frames jobs, boring ! :(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »

@TD,a ford C-Max,this is our second one and have been very pleased in with them.What model is it?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »

Hello swamp duck  :D

It is the C-Max Zetec with the 1.6i petrol engine..........silver colour.

To be honest, I did not spend too much time looking around, I just wanted a working vehicle quickly..........the road tax and insurance on this are not too bad, and certainly a lot less that the Merc.
The vehicle is lovely and comfy, and very nice to drive..............and I can stuff in all my photo gear and still leave room for the firkin of ale.  ;)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »

Was it my old one ?

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »

Don't think so, unkyUb.............mine has a registration number  :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 01:23:37 AM »

>> have you tried starving him for a day or so,

I'm actually worried about how much he's eating - or rather isnt eating.. and he has lost a lot of weight.  One of the reasons he's on steroids is to try and increase his appetite.

>> muttering threats against all teenagers he declared my Merc as a write off.

No respect for other peoples property seems to be too common a trait these days :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 07:20:04 AM »

Don't think so, unkyUb.............mine has a registration number  :lol:

You don't need a number plate as you have Ducklomatic  Immunity.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:37 AM »

>>>>>>ducklomatic immunity<<<<<<<<<  :lol: