Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help with TM600p VDSL2 tester  (Read 198 times)

finos

• Just arrived
  • EE student,Intrested with engineering& networks
    • My Github
Help with TM600p VDSL2 tester
« on: May 06, 2024, 10:55:03 AM »

Hello everyone!

I got my hands on a T&M Tools TM600p VDSL tester (model V2.900TOVC) for some contract work I will be doing with DSL , FTTx & voice lines.

It's (for its price) a good machine that has already helped me quite a bit. But, as is often the case with Chinese electronics, documentation and support are simply non-existent.

I have read the instruction manual cover to cover many times, but I cannot figure out the following:

• How to delete saved records: Despite searching extensively through the manual, I can't seem to find any instructions on how to delete saved records from the device. This is crucial for managing storage space and keeping the data organized.
  • PPP not working over an ADSL2 line: I've encountered an issue where PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) does not seem to work over an ADSL2 line. However, it works perfectly fine on a VDSL2 line. The VLAN used here for VDSL is set and also the VCI/VPI values for ADSL2. Is there a specific configuration or setting that I'm missing to enable PPP over ADSL2?
  • Can the device make a PPP dial from its Ethernet port? This would be a life saver when dealing with FTTP ONTs ,The seller mentioned that it's possible for the device to make a PPP dial from its Ethernet port, but I can't seem to find any information on how to do this in the manual. If this feature exists, it would greatly enhance the flexibility and functionality of the device for my needs.
  • When in Telephone dial mode, the device immediately plays the dtmf  tone , dials the numbers entered, Is there a way to completely input the number , and then press a button for the device to send
    in  one shot the DTMF tones, allowing for better control and troubleshooting?
  • Does the device, when in "modem" mode, operate as a transperant DSL-to-Ethernet bridge? I want to know if the device, when set to "modem" mode, functions solely as a bridge, essentially acting as a modem and passing the DSL line directly through to the Ethernet port for connecting other tools to diagnose higher OSI problems . Also , if i exit to for example back to the line menu to check for line errors (fec sec crc) will this bridge still be operational ?

Any assistance or insights you can provide on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

anything