Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Netomnia CEO on BDUK  (Read 224 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Netomnia CEO on BDUK
« on: April 22, 2024, 10:19:20 PM »

He sort of agrees with me, I felt like a lone wolf whenever I said I felt was wrong order to do all the expensive areas first. 

https://youtu.be/fkhE6Wg0myA?si=CUcdOxBYIbU4Roj5&t=2140
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:33:25 PM by Chrysalis »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Netomnia CEO on BDUK
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 01:57:30 AM »

Problem is the government seem to go on about how faster broadband brings economic benefits to those areas, so getting them done sooner rather than later is seen as good for the economy.  But short of home working, I have no idea how they come to that conclusion.

I mean I'm all for getting fibre to everyone as quickly as possible, but if areas are getting government funding and then shortly after get overbuilt, there is clearly a problem with the assessment of what areas actually need government funding in the first place.

At the very least ANY network that used government funding should require duct sharing agreements, to reduce disruption if there is any overbuild and to pay back those funds.

I mean I'm kinda on the fence from the start, as I still feel the fibre should be nationalised personally then leased out to ISPs - so we don't need overbuild to begin with.

I actually did a bit a business studies at school and it makes me laugh now as the one thing I remember was them talking about how we only have one gas supply and one electricity supply, because its impractical to duplicate service supply.  Yet this is exactly what we ended up with for telecoms.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors