Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Anyone on VMO2 FTTP?  (Read 13901 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Anyone on VMO2 FTTP?
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2024, 02:41:26 AM »

Much faster than CF deployment.  :cool:

Looking at Roadworks it seems like they've practically stopped here in Sheffield, very annoying.

They only seemed to have done any work in the Vodafone FTTC areas and they've been at it for something like 2 years.

Is it possible that since the rest will be PIA it wont show up as roadworks?  I'd think it would as don't they need to add cabinets to these areas?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM »

CityFibre are a very, very odd fish indeed. Won't be surprised if we see some interesting news about them in the next 6 months.
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

spudgun

• Reg Member
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2024, 07:46:14 PM »

Looking at Roadworks it seems like they've practically stopped here in Sheffield, very annoying.

They only seemed to have done any work in the Vodafone FTTC areas and they've been at it for something like 2 years.

Is it possible that since the rest will be PIA it wont show up as roadworks?  I'd think it would as don't they need to add cabinets to these areas?

When Virgin did the installation around here using PIA it only showed up on Roadworks when they needed to clear a blockage -so they did upwards of 50 streets without anything showing up as they only needed to open up existing covers in the pavement

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2024, 08:49:19 AM »

When Virgin did the installation around here using PIA it only showed up on Roadworks when they needed to clear a blockage -so they did upwards of 50 streets without anything showing up as they only needed to open up existing covers in the pavement

Here they had to install new cabinets which I think did show up, but its hard to be sure as Openreach were installing at the time too and I was very actively monitoring that.

Virgin were installing cabinets and short ducts into OR chambers, in anticipation of OR clearing the ducts first during their roll out.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]