Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FritzOS 7.51 Beta programme  (Read 1853 times)

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
FritzOS 7.51 Beta programme
« on: April 07, 2023, 09:05:45 AM »

Bonjour

For those on Fritz, a new beta programme has been opened, and a new lab version, i.e. 7.51, of FritzOS is available.

I might take part, as I found 7.50 contained quite a lot of bugs: translation, not all devices showed in the mesh overview if Fritz Box is used with powerline adapters (Devolo Magic in my case).

The list of all fixes in the new lab version is there, too, and, I must say, it suggests that 7.50 was rushed. Not sure when the new version is planned to be released
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 09:13:13 AM by Edinburgh_lad »

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: FritzOS 7.51 Beta programme
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 02:34:25 PM »

I use TP-Link powerlines, but have never had an issue with devices missing from the mesh overview. I'm wondering if your issue may be to do with them going in to power saving mode? Mine never do as I have a Fritz Repeater at the other end of mine which is monitored by a TBB ping monitor via IPv6.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
Re: FritzOS 7.51 Beta programme
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 07:22:22 PM »

No, it has nothing to do with power saving mode. In a nutshell, clients connected to a Devolo AP initially show in Fritz's mesh overview, but then gradually disappear. I've never been able to determine what causes this behaviours, but some posts have indicated there's a new protocol involved in the latest version of FritzOS which then causes this kind of behaviour. So, effectively, I can have clients connected to Devolo AP (lots), but only LAN devices show in the list of clients Fritzbox, as if nothing was connected.

From posts on the web (https://www.fritzbox-info.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=367&rowstart=0), it looks like it's an issue affecting Devolo products, but I hope it gets resolved. There were no problems with this in the previous version of FritzOS.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 07:25:03 PM by Edinburgh_lad »