Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Testing 5Gbps residential FTTP with Fibre Heroes  (Read 3126 times)

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
Re: Testing 5Gbps residential FTTP with Fibre Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 11:50:02 AM »

That is interesting. He'll have never had the baseline of a gigabit service to compare with so I bet everything feels incredibly fast.

He can get his mitts off the YouFibre Manchester speed test server, though. Only I am allowed to use that at those speeds.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

bogof

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 09:52:35 PM »

There are quite a few very fast servers on the Ookla network, no need to get so protective! :)  Even Zens' own server does something like 8G down / 5G up.  But don't tell their customers that, they like to pretend the server gives bogus results... ;)

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 11:50:12 AM »

I know a guy who runs an ISP. He had an Ookla test server available to everyone. Briefly. Then he noted how much it was costing in bandwidth, that ignoring the extortionate Ookla licences. Good way to boost traffic load to justify peering and discounts on transit when you're relatively small, though!

YouFibre Manchester is mine, though. I may only use it once every 3 months or whatever but still mine. Will raise a ticket.  ;D
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.