Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTP EZ-Bend Cable Clip Size  (Read 952 times)

Starman

• Reg Member
FTTP EZ-Bend Cable Clip Size
« on: January 04, 2023, 06:47:30 PM »

Hello all,
Following my FTTP install in October I was left with a rather poor install with a few aesthetic issues.

Primarily would anyone know the diameter size of the dual sheathed EZ-Cable used beyond the customer service point? Also the external drop cable was also cable tied to my guttering drop pipe so I'd like to potentially clip that to the wall if there is a size suggestion.

I could probably buy a selection via and resolve via trial and error if needs be.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: FTTP EZ-Bend Cable Clip Size
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 07:47:29 PM »

Primarily would anyone know the diameter size of the dual sheathed EZ-Cable used beyond the customer service point?

Just to clarify, are you asking the diameter of the cable when deployed externally (i.e. with both sheaths in situ) or when deployed internally, with the black outer sheath stripped off?

. . . the external drop cable was also cable tied to my guttering drop pipe so I'd like to potentially clip that to the wall if there is a size suggestion.

If it is Dropwire 10B (CW1411), two pairs, or Dropwire 11 (CW1415), one pair, both have a nominal 5.3 mm diameter sheath. (Looking in two separate documents I see they both agree. Diameter: minimum 5.1 mm, target 5.3 mm, maximum 5.6 mm.)

Edited to add:

I can't put a paw on the exact figures for EZ-Bend cable but, for example, Dexgreen inside/outside (insideout) cable has an inner sheath diameter of 2.9 mm and an outer sheath diameter of 5.0 mm.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:35:45 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: FTTP EZ-Bend Cable Clip Size
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 06:17:54 AM »

I was actually looking for an extension myself as the engineer left no slack inside, I found a few things similar but not a plain extension.

Ideally I'd just get an engineer to pull some more through from outside but that would be expensive.  There's a little slack on the wall even, but I'm not sure if you can safely open the termination point on the inside without breaking it.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything