Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT Total Broadband Option 3 / Sky Max Broadband  (Read 10336 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: BT Total Broadband Option 3 / Sky Max Broadband
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »

Dunno - I think he's just messing with ya :)
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 10:50:18 AM »

Dunno - I think he's just messing with ya :)

Well BB1 has been a little economical with the truth in some of his previous posts

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:19:05 PM »

<staff hat on>

Note - I'm deliberately not taking sides here, so I don't want anyone to accuse me of siding unfairly, because I'm sitting squarely on the fence

But in general... if anyone has any accusations against a forum member, can we refrain from letting it take over threads, and either contact the person directly via PM or contact the forum staff team.

This thread was a question about BT Opt 3 vs Sky Max Broadband... can we take it back there, please?

Cheers guys :)

<staff hat off - this fence is getting a bit uncomfortable now!!>
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 01:19:51 PM »

Point Taken.  :)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 01:28:43 PM »

I agree.

As I have a 29dB line (as reported by Tiscali equipment!) should I be able to get the full 16meg on Sky's Max Package?

That is my fav at the moment, as I have Sky TV, also, my line won't take anymore than upto 16meg anyway.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »

As I have a 29dB line (as reported by Tiscali equipment!) should I be able to get the full 16meg on Sky's Max Package?

Technically, but not as things currently stand!

As we have been saying for weeks - you have a line fault. You still have a line fault. You will continue to have the same fault if you move over to another ISP.

So at the moment, if you go to sky, you'll be lucky to get much over what you're currently on, and certainly I reckon nowhere near 8, or even 16Mb.

So it's either - persevere and get the line sorted now, or move ISPs and get the line sorted, and I don't know what Sky are like at dealing with line faults.
Chris

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »

Technically, but not as things currently stand!

As we have been saying for weeks - you have a line fault. You still have a line fault. You will continue to have the same fault if you move over to another ISP.

So at the moment, if you go to sky, you'll be lucky to get much over what you're currently on, and certainly I reckon nowhere near 8, or even 16Mb.

So it's either - persevere and get the line sorted now, or move ISPs and get the line sorted, and I don't know what Sky are like at dealing with line faults.

Well I would like to get it sorted with Tiscali, as you say, the fault will be still there, and will effect my service with Sky.

I am still awaiting a reply from Tiscali's Customer Service Manager, as I am in the middle of their Complaints process at the moment.
Kind Regards
Jamie

Broadband1

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 07:17:52 PM »

From what I know of Tiscali talking to their customer services is like driving after 38 pints  :drunk: Basically It's impossible.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »

Its like they read from a script from their Indian call center. :no:
Kind Regards
Jamie

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 07:20:08 AM »

Its like they read from a script from their Indian call center. :no:

That is correct,The BT Indian call centre answer to every problem is 1) Turn off router and unplug all cables.2) put all the cables back in and turn on router.3) Internet options,delete temp files,cookies,browser history etc 4) ??????????????.  :no:

Broadband1

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »

I remember once the I was angry at the lady and she was angry at me  >:D and then she tells me to pull out tha phone cable and I fell for it  :mad:

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

When I had an outage, they asked me six times, What lights are on your Router!! They promised a call back and I heard nothing so I rang again, they wanted to go through all of the same thing again! I said, shouldn't you have it on the system somewhere!

My broadband came back in five minutes! ;D
Kind Regards
Jamie

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 02:45:13 PM »

I remember once the I was angry at the lady and she was angry at me  >:D and then she tells me to pull out tha phone cable and I fell for it  :mad:

Which helpdesk was that... CowboyNet?? Can't see that coming from BT somehow!! Now if your ISP started with the letter "T"... ;)
Chris

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »

Which helpdesk was that... CowboyNet?? Can't see that coming from BT somehow!! Now if your ISP started with the letter "T"... ;)

Yes I have had someone from the Tiscali Helpdesk hang up once!  :lol: I had been without broadband for a week and gave them 48hours to fix it, or to put me through to the Supervisor. They hung up !
Kind Regards
Jamie

Pages: 1 [2]