Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AAISP increase monthly quotas  (Read 5130 times)

DaveC

• Reg Member
AAISP increase monthly quotas
« on: October 08, 2022, 12:51:47 PM »

Just noticed this from 30th September 2022:

We are happy to announce that inclusive usage on all Home::1 / Soho::1 / Office::1 packages has been raised. Pricing will remain the same.

The changes are as follows :

Home::1 500G will rise to 1TB (= 1,000GB)
    Home::1 5TB will rise to 10TB (= 10,000GB)
    SoHo::1 800GB will rise to 2TB (= 2,000GB)
    SoHo::1 8TB will rise to 20TB (= 20,000GB)
    Office::1 10TB will rise to 20TB (= 20,000GB)

You do not need to do anything! This will be automatically reflected in the narrative of your next invoice from A&A. Once again, the price will not change.

https://www.aa.net.uk/etc/news/october-22-inclusive-usage-increase/

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
Re: AAISP increase monthly quotas
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 02:15:41 PM »

Their low usage home package which was once a couple of hundred gig is getting to the point it might be enough for me.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 06:53:05 PM »

Very nice. 10 TB is pretty much unlimited especially with the ability to carry part of the allowance over.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 08:50:46 PM »

Even I would struggle to use all that, so far the max I've hit is around 5TiB and that's both directions whereas AAISP only quota downstream I believe?

Although the beauty of Gigabit is I no longer need to keep all the games I might want to play installed, as it only takes a few minutes to download them.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 09:57:39 PM »

As I recall, for normal internet, ie FTTP/FTTC/xDSL, AA doesn’t count upstream traffic. But it’s been a long time since I looked at this. With their mind-bending li expensive 4G data SIMs, both directions count, so I believe. They really need to do something about that; as it’s bonkers.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 08:20:09 AM »

They likely get charged per byte in either direction on mobile. Just the one direction on fixed line: downstream.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 10:13:06 AM »

1TB is enough for me to regrade, and that is exactly what I have done. £10 a month isn't a lot on the grand scheme of things, but it's £120 a year - pays my car tax for example.

My use is around 400-600GB a month (Not sure what my Sky use is they don't publish usage AFAIK)
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 05:52:40 PM »

1TB is enough for me to regrade, and that is exactly what I have done. £10 a month isn't a lot on the grand scheme of things, but it's £120 a year - pays my car tax for example.

My use is around 400-600GB a month (Not sure what my Sky use is they don't publish usage AFAIK)

Yeah I checked my history just now, never gone over 1tb ever, highest month was 600 gig which if I remember right I had to redownload a bunch of console games.  Also considering aaisp dont cut you off for hitting quota, I think I might be downgrading as well.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 07:35:24 PM »

Yeah I checked my history just now, never gone over 1tb ever, highest month was 600 gig which if I remember right I had to redownload a bunch of console games.  Also considering aaisp dont cut you off for hitting quota, I think I might be downgrading as well.

That's a good point, if you had a heavy month its not going to be the end of the world to use part of your next months quota if that is a lighter month.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2022, 09:32:03 AM »

Also, there's a good chance the month will have started with an allowance of more than 1TB from the Quota Bonus.

You don't have to use your quota each month, and it rare for our customers to reach the full quota on our largest tariffs in a month. Your next month starts with your normal quota again, but we also provide a quota bonus - which is half of the unused quota from the previous month. This applies even on the higher quota packages. This accumulates, i.e. the unused amount includes any unused bonus quota. If you buy any top-up, that is kept separate and keeps rolling over until all used. More details here.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

DaveC

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2022, 03:11:32 PM »

Like others posting here, the new quotas have allowed me to downgrade.  In my case, I have two VDSL lines, which have always been one "low quota" and one "high quota".  I average around 1.5TB per month, so 2 x low quota has never been quite enough.  Now it is.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 04:41:01 PM »

So it means that AA will lose money both from the downgrades and possibly from increased traffic costs. They might attract some new users though, depending in part on how well the news about the new offerings gets publicised.

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 06:18:44 PM »

They might attract some new users though, depending in part on how well the news about the new offerings gets publicised.

Correct Weaver! Once I heard about the new 10TB quota on Home::1  - I joined back up.
I generally use 2.5TB a month, so no need to worry anymore about hitting a limit.

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 04:39:27 PM »

Since my DSL has been acting mainly as a backup, I don't scratch the surface of 500Gig (or even the 200 or 300 that we had before).  So from my point of view I'd rather they'd dropped the price rather than giving more for the same money.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2023, 05:12:41 PM »

If they'd dropped the price instead of giving a larger allowance (I think with the quota bonus I might be able to manage with a150GB allowance as I've only once used more than 200 and average under 100) I might still be an AAISP customer.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530
Pages: [1] 2