Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MROLD exchange rollout  (Read 4246 times)

SteveR

• Just arrived
MROLD exchange rollout
« on: September 20, 2022, 01:47:02 PM »

About two weeks ago I saw BT engineers open a chamber in the front verge that I had never seen open in 50 years.  They said they were proving the ducts for fibre but of course had no idea when it would be installed.  Today a nunber of civil engineers are back again with several chambers open.  This is on the OL1/OL9 border about 2.5 miles from the exchange.  Things seem to be moving here.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: MROLD exchange rollout
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 03:36:40 PM »

Mate - things have been moving in Oldham for almost a year, now. There are quite a few fully commissioned PON's out there  ;) :).

SteveR

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 06:43:05 PM »

Getting a bit closer, today in the pouring rain they appeared to be laying fibre to the pole that supplies my house.

SteveR

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 11:29:23 AM »

Excavation work being carried out in the verge next to the pole that supplies my house today.  One-network tells me that the work has been authorised to Netomnia.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 05:06:38 PM »

Sounds positive. They're digging between BT network and your pole, installing their own duct, and a pole bend at the bottom aiming the duct up the side of it. Cable to your pole might be directly buried or has pole bend but takes copper from another pole.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

SteveR

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 09:09:04 PM »

Email from BT
Hi Steve,

We’re getting in touch to update you on our Ultrafast Full Fibre build. We’ve reviewed our build plans, and currently we can’t deliver Full Fibre to Burnley Lane.

There are lots of reasons for why our plans change - from engineering hazards to access permits. We review our build plans regularly as circumstances change. We hope this is just a temporary setback and that we can bring Burnley Lane back into our Full Fibre build plans in the future.

We'll keep you updated and let you know immediately if anything changes.

Thanks,

Sam
Openreach Broadband Advisor

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 09:56:36 PM »

How strange, you'd think if it was going to get dropped it would be long before digging at the pole.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 10:46:50 PM »

Netomnia are building the pole bend, not Openreach. Openreach can't use Netomnia's duct.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

SteveR

• Just arrived
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2023, 11:33:40 AM »

Today Electricity Northwest are excavating the verge next to the new chamber.

SteveR

• Just arrived
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 05:33:23 PM »

Latest update, today Openreach were attaching equipment to the pole and civils have escavated the area between the new chamber in the verge and the bottom of the pole.

SteveR

• Just arrived
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2024, 08:49:33 PM »

Lots of activity in the area this past two weeks, in particular the bottom of the pole that serves my house today.

An update from BT - We’ve added your area to our build plans and we’re on course to deliver Ultrafast Full Fibre by Mar/2024.

SteveR
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 11:49:46 AM by SteveR »