Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Illegal Immigrants  (Read 6924 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Illegal Immigrants
« on: July 17, 2008, 05:59:49 AM »

Don't know if anyone saw the BBC news last night.I found this beyond belief that the BBC has been following this for 6 months yet the immigration service are doing nothing.Getting forged documents as easy as that is frightening.What about terrorism, benefit fraud,and even people driving lorries with fake licenses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7505574.stm

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Illegal Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »

Yes I saw it on the news... I can't tell you what I said (I'm too much of a laydee...!).  We knew this would happen, knew it would go on didn't we.... we're fed such a lot of drivel et al that they think we believe it.  Good job for reporters like this and the BBC for getting to the bottom of it, not that anything will be done as we also know, but at least we know for sure it goes on - to back up our belief anyway!  This is just the tip of the iceberg.... this country is going to be run totally by this type of person and in the not too distant future.

There was a teletext news item yesterday that said something about how immigration is breaking up communities and how people aren't happy with immigrants taking over areas.... and the government led by Incapability Brown says, "We are doing everything to integrate people and make it easier on the community"  >:(  Yes of course they are....we trust them don't we?  They don't even live in these places themselves they haven't a clue (on anything as far as I'm concerned).  Wait for a few years and see the effect all this will have here, today's society has nothing on what is to come......I feel sorry for our grandchildren and what they will have to face.....but it's too late now, the deed is done and nothing is going to make things go back to what they were. 

Sorry to be so negative but it's there staring us in the face.... the general public can see and have their eyes wide open.... as for the politicians.... well I'm sure we all know what THEY are doing!!

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:30:27 AM »

Agree 100% Chrissie,we are the laughing stock of Europe.No wonder people want live here.Even the big foreign companies,ie energy etc can't get enough of us as they know we are soft touches(the government,not the voter).We are all suppose to be elated because the government have posponed the 2p fuel duty increase,just to stop us from struggling  >:( It has cost them £1.1 billion,what about all the extra VAT they are raking in(they don't mention that).Our grandparents would turn in their graves if they could see what this country has become.

Floydoid

• Senior Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »

This one really takes the biscuit:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1432989.ece

TOP brass erupted in fury after learning how five illegal immigrants smuggled themselves INSIDE a frontline British military base aboard a convoy of Army lorries.

The stowaways are thought to have secretly sneaked on at Calais, boarding vehicles returning Land Rovers from Kosovo.

They were discovered only after they had passed through all security checks at the Duke of Gloucester Barracks in South Cerney, Gloucs.

The blunder left Army chiefs fuming and exposed alarming security flaws at the super-secure base – used to move troops, weapons and vehicles to Iraq and Afghanistan.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »

Nothing suprises me here.I would fetch all our our soldiers out of Iraq and Afghanistan and use them on our borders to keep all these who are trying to get here illegally out.In other words make this country secure and safe and sod the rest.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:06:01 AM »

and yet when I've worked on military bases and such sensitive sites, they know exactly who I am before I get there because it seems the camera  security eqcuipment reconised my face already. We get sececurity checked as part of the job, so if in a security sensitive area the relavent agencies know who's coming before we get there. and hey know exactly who you are. It's a very spooky situation. Your asked to look into a camera while feet placed on certain markers and the system prints out a pass card with an old photo of you.

the technology thats been there for years is amazing.

I've been to a place which apparently "Dosn't exist" the occupirer was watching me from another part of the world as I worked.

some of the avalable techonlogy out there means how can security slips happen

J.Man

• Reg Member
  • When PC's couldnt get any worse there came Vista
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 01:01:53 PM »

hmm it seems that we are soft touches when it comes to immigration, I heard about one countries policies on immigration eg. only take in people with proffesions we need eg. doctors lawyer and such and it seems wierd how people are getting into the country illegally as when i was driving through dover from calais the security was soo tight it was unbeleivable as they even took my car half apart to check for illegal goods being brought in.

[Edit - sorry, but I've removed the last sentence - roseway]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:52:49 PM by roseway »

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »

hmm it seems that we are soft touches when it comes to immigration, I heard about one countries policies on immigration eg. only take in people with proffesions we need eg. doctors lawyer and such

J.Man,
I have no problem with the UK's policy and rules on legal immigration, let's have anyone in who wants to work and earn a living if the work is there to be done (but don't try claiming any benefits until you have paid into the system for two years).
What does get my back up is the lack of control of asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.
The International Agreement on Asylum and the treatment of Asylum Seekers is such that anyone who is in danger of loss of life or limb from oppressive governments, is allowed to flee the tyranny and go and seek asylum in the first safe country that they reach.
Using that principle, the only Asylum Seekers we should see are those who are in fear of the Governments of France, Belgium, Holand or Ireland. As none of those countries are really run by tyrants then we should be Asylum Seeker Free.

Anyone who turns up here seeking asylum is, in reality, an economic tourist who will have done the Thomas Cooks Tour  through Europe before getting here, and so we are legally entitled to send them back to the last 'safe' country that they came from, namely France, and let them sort 'em out. Having travelled through lots of countries before arriving here, they will probably have no intention of taking up work for a living and will not be on the list of skills required to be classed as a legal immigrant.

All illegal asylum seekers and illegal immigrants should only be detained until the first available form of transport can be arranged to return then to the last country they came from. Forget all these lawyers making millions running appeals for them, and releasing them on a promise that they will come back to court in three months time.

Out of the millions of cows, bulls and bullocks in this country, DEFRA, The Government Department for Farming, can find just one of those animals with Mad Cow Disease and know exactly where it is, so why don't we put them in charge of finding all these missing illegal immigrants?  ;D

Or better still, Readers Digest can find you even after you have moved house four times (they know where Lord Lucan is) so we could set them up to find the Immigrants.   >:D

The above is my own opinion and is not the opinion of this web site forum.  :-X :-X

dave

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »

>>>>>>>Out of the millions of cows, bulls and bullocks in this country, DEFRA, The Government Department for Farming, can find just one of those animals with Mad Cow Disease and know exactly where it is, so why don't we put them in charge of finding all these missing illegal immigrants? <<<<<<<<

I believe you have found the answer to the problem...........we should put numbered tags into everyone's left ear.  :D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 06:02:30 PM »

The above is my own opinion and is not the opinion of this web site forum.   

dave

And the opinion of millions of other in this country,but does this government do anything (apart from talk) ............................... >:( >:(

J.Man

• Reg Member
  • When PC's couldnt get any worse there came Vista
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »

Is it just me or does talk of Illegal Immigrants just seem to get everyone and anyone fired up. And is it just me or does this whole illegal immigrants + the credit crunch  :yum: it seems this country is slowly but surely going downwards argh !! me hope not  :-X . Back to subject if illegal immigrants are illegal why are there so many organisations protecting them it's just unbelievable.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 11:22:40 PM »

why are there so many organisations protecting them it's just unbelievable.

Do-gooders, most of whom get paid quite handsomely as well (by the government  :lol: )

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 05:30:48 AM »

I have no problem with the UK's policy and rules on legal immigration, let's have anyone in who wants to work and earn a living if the work is there to be done (but don't try claiming any benefits until you have paid into the system for two years).  

Have to say I can't agree with letting anyone in even if they want to work.. this little island of ours only has finite resources AND space.... where are we housing everyone and their offspring in a few years time... how are we getting enough water to provide for all the new housing.....where are the new hospitals and doctor's surgeries to cope with the expanding population.....where are the schools, the teachers... etc etc.  How is the benefit system going to cope with people not being able to pay the higher prices of basic things such as gas and electricity and they turn to government for help....where are all the jobs coming from in years to come to keep everyone in work.... et al?

My opinion is, enough is enough and stop ALL immigration now, it's not so much that we can't cope at this present time, it's in several years time we will notice it when the stuff hits the fan... and all will be too late  :( :( :(  Pity our children's children....what they have to face in the years to come....doesn't bear thinking about really.....

Not a personal attack on you Dave.... just my opinion where I don't think a lot of people realise the implications of what is yet to come.

(here endeth the soapbox session  ;D)
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 07:48:21 AM »

IMO our borders should be closed for  minimum of two years while we get all the illegal immigrants sent back.Even if they want to work ( which IMO is just another way round of getting benefits ) there is not enough housing to house them,the NHS is stretched to limit with health tourists,our roads can't cope with all the traffic,and our construction industry is crumbling thanks to all the Poles.
 >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(.At the last count there was 1000 polish babies been born here every month.

Edit,I know the Poles are not here here illegally,but the are still 'milking' the system.

poppy

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 07:34:34 PM »

davem makes the point that a I have never been able to understand and I dearly wish someone would explain it to me. I refer to the 1951 Convention regarding the requirement for the genuine refugee/asylum seeker to seek sanctuary in the first safe country that they reach.
Nobody really reaches the UK (unless they fly in) without travelling through many safe countries. That being so, why can't the authorities just send them back to one of these countries, which would presumably be quite legal? All of those people sitting in Calais should be returned immediately or claim asylum in France. The British immigration authorities are surely within their rights on this matter?
I live in an area of high unemployment which has been particularly bad with the demise of the steel/coal mining and heavy industries and yet you cannot go anywhere now without encountering foreigners. I can't understand how they are getting by giving the employment situation up here. I presume they must be living off the state.
It's a recipe for disaster.
Pages: [1] 2

anything