Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wednesday Chat  (Read 3328 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Wednesday Chat
« on: June 25, 2008, 06:23:18 AM »

Morning all,

Sun has just come out having burnt the grey cloud away, might just have another nice day today - hope it's going to be good where you are.

Thought I'd let you know, me pooter is orft tomorrow afternoon, going for a diagnostics check at the computer shop - just hope they will sort it but it's gonna cost me!  They build computers too, maybe I should get them to do that instead of repairing this one  ;D  Hopefully I will only be off line for a couple of days but even that will be a wrench.... sigh.

Perhaps someone will start the "chat" if you want it.... will deffo pop on here as soon as the pooter is back and (hopefully) up and running. Wish me luck...
Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Wednesday Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »

Mornin Chrissie/all,Hope you get it sorted out quickly and get back online asap.It will be worth it when you get the upgrades done and everything running faster and as it should.I will be quite happy to take over your daily chat thread,which has been quite a hit since you started it,well done.  :)
Only 5 days till I'm off on my jollies.Talk about time dragging,when you have nothing planned time just flies. :)
Sun is out here,have a great day whatever you're doing. :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:04:03 AM »

Morning Everyone,

I know what you mean Chrissie, just had a panic attack myself, brought computer out of hibernation and message says limited or no connectivity, I have had this a couple of time in the past and the repair tool usually sorts it out, not this time, panic, panic, panic, and I'm running late for work as well. A restart sorted it out, but just for a moment there.... stupid isn't it and yet we have become so relant on these damned computers.

Like most people I guess I use paperless billing, I have a telephone bill to pay and I'm thinking I don't know how much to pay them 'cos I haven't looked at it yet and they're going to cut me off if I cann't get back on line.

Stupid I know.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »

Not stupid at all. Lots of people (me included) rely on the internet to manage their financial affairs, and I really feel lost if I'm without it. I deal with the 'forgetting to pay a bill' problem by paying everything I can by direct debit. And I deal with the 'broken computer' problem by keeping a spare ready to go.

Then we get a power cut and none of them work. :wall:
  Eric

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:02:14 AM »

Yeah nice and bright for my early morning walk today. :)

Now just about recovered from having that broken filling repaired yesterday.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 12:51:38 PM »

Morning all.
Bit grey and blustery, but very mild.

TD's mavis chicks have left the nest now, this is the only one out of four that I can find.
Cute, isn't he/she................  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 01:01:31 PM »

Oh what a cutie !  Lovely photo TD....       I've just peeked into the jasmine hedge where the  next Blackbird family are nesting, and counted 5 little heads this time .... 

Gloriously HOT here and not as heavy as it has been .... luvvely jubbly !!!   :sun: :sun:   Scotty flaked out on tiles keeping cool  .... I'm just passing through  !!! :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 02:01:20 PM »

Lovely pic TD.
Is he actually out of the nest?   He still seems a wee bit tiny.. 

I can imagine what would happen if one of my cats saw him  :'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 02:18:28 PM »

Yes, all four out of the nest.

This wee one has come out the nest which was about ten feet off the ground, has managed to move over about thirty five yards of lawn, through a hedge and into the concreted glory hole behind the hedge where reside the wheelie bins.

I can't see any siblings, but this wee one is not lost, judging by this am's droppings it is being well fed so mama and papa know where it is.

Not many domestic mogs here, but there is a family of Scottish Wild cats just up the brae a bit and titch here would make a tasty snack for a wildcat kitten..............but TD is on patrol and will try and keep them safe.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 03:07:03 PM »

>>> TD is on patrol and will try and keep them safe.

Good man!
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 03:21:17 PM »

>>> TD is on patrol and will try and keep them safe.

Good man!

Us avians must stick together  :D

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »

I'm pleased to say that my cat is not a hunter, and the birds come and go freely in my wilderness   garden. I have a bird bath not far from where he sleeps under a bush and he's not bothered. I tell him at least once a day that he's a disgrace to the species and he's a wussy pussy. He just purrs very loudly in agreement.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »

>> >>> TD is on patrol and will try and keep them safe.

:) It just looks so tiny and fragile.

>> I'm pleased to say that my cat is not a hunter

T'is funny all 3 of mine are different. 

Chas (the persian) is a really good hunter who likes to bring me "pressies".  His hunting techniques for a cat seem a bit unique as he will catch things and bring them home alive without a mark on them.  If they dont die of shock I can normally release them - as I have done with numerous birds, mice and fish over the years.
Fish seem to get the most damage when he brings them through the cat-flap, when they loose their scales... and I still cant understand why the people over the back dont net their pond.  It must cost them a fortune each year to restock - they dont buy cheap fish either.  Yet for some reason he leaves the fish in my pond alone...  He never bothered much with Hammy either.

Mouse - bless him - is a 'tard..  very slow and never gives up trying to catch something.. but in all his 13 years Im not aware of him actually catching a bird... or anything much. He normally does something stupid like fall out of a tree or as witnessed dive into a thorn bush damaging himself.   He's most dangerous to those pressies that Chaz brings home, cause once they are trapped then he thinks they are fair game :/ 
It was funny when we had Hammy - he'd do stupid things like try knock the hamster cage over, or jump 5 foot to reach Hammy cage...  but would run a mile and hide if hammy was in his ball and chased after him.

Bubbs/Bump is a youngster and still exploring. This is his first Spring, therefore the first time he's encountered vulnerable babies... so its all an adventure to him.  I'm not aware that he's actually caught anything yet (aside from Bees and flies), but the magpie nest holds a real fascination to him.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 11:15:25 PM »

My Mum's cat liked to pin down toads in the back garden just to hear them scream. (Never realised they did that but It's one of the most etherial and disturbing sounds one can hear)

scared of birds.

Dog's, the bigger the better, would beat them all up

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 11:23:16 PM »

Ah yes..  well not toads but frogs -  I have over a dozen who reside in my pond and yes they squeal like mad when Bubbs pats them.  Like you say a very disturbing and loud high pitched sound.  He does chase them and pat them but he seems a bit startled when they jump.

:o
-----