Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blackbird: 1, Cat: 0  (Read 2042 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Blackbird: 1, Cat: 0
« on: June 14, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

I watched a fairly amazing scene in my garden this afternoon. As you probably realise, I'm a bird lover, and next door's cat has been a bit of a nuisance recently. I heard a blackbird kicking up a real din with its alarm call, and looked out to see the cat looking rather taken aback. After a while it skulked off in the face of the barrage of noise, whereupon the blackbird flew down from the tree and dug its claws into the cat's back. The cat took off like a rocket. :)

One up to the birds. :clap2:
  Eric

dave.m

• Kitizen
Re: Blackbird: 1, Cat: 0
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »

eric,
Can we borrow your blackbird? We have three neighbours with 'wandering' cats and even if they are not in our garden when we let the dog out, she knows they have been here because she barks her head off.
The birds around here are blackbirds, thrushes, woodpeckers, sparrows and a few ringneck doves but the cats do not seem to bother them, just our Gizzy.

dave

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 04:30:19 PM »

I used to have two cats myself, and they were too lazy to be any real bother to the birds. But next door's seems to be kept lean and mean. I'm thinking of getting an automatic sprinkler system in the garden.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:30:12 PM »

After a while it skulked off in the face of the barrage of noise, whereupon the blackbird flew down from the tree and dug its claws into the cat's back. The cat took off like a rocket.

ooh wonderful..  one brave blackbird.   :thumbs:

Our"kitten" aka Bump or Bubbles/Bubs as I prefer to call him, has recently found the delights of stalking birds.   
I think theres magpies nesting in one of the trees at the bottom of the garden, since I heard an almighty "cawking" noise and went to investigate. 
There was Bubs up the tree and 2 adult magpies both hopping around the branches just out of his reach almost laughing at him trying to tempt him closer.. to the point where the branch wouldnt hold his weight.  They were both obviously putting their own lives in danger trying to lure him away. 

The magpies won when a sheepish Bubs kinda half fell down the tree and skulked away after one of them resorted to dive bombing which had caused him to loose his balance.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything