Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thursday Chat  (Read 6878 times)

Floydoid

• Senior Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Thursday Chat
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 03:55:35 PM »

Well that's my good deed done for the day, and a very satisfied customer.  I just wish he hadn't insisted on paying me for what I consider to be a favour.  But he's a proud ex-military type and it would have been rude to refuse.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »

You are very good Floydoid, doing that for him, no doubt he was more than pleased with your help.  Some people don't like accepting things for nothing do they... I guess by you accepting that pleased him too.  Good on you for what you do like that.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

UncleUB - at least the Red Cross will know where to come if they run out of tents ;D
:lol:
Thats a nice photo Tufted,what camera did you take that with (If you don't mind me asking).I am very keen on photography,but only a novice.I have a Panasonic Lumix 6mp with 3x optical zoom.I really like taking landscape shots and have been thinking of getting one with an 18x optical zoom,either a Fuji or a Panasonic.I find the 3x optical zoom limits you when things are a long way off.
Been a beautiful day here in Sheffield.Its been a pleasure to watch my other half beavering away in the garden. :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »

Unc ..... I'm  'taking five' from the garden ..... :sun:   I have the Lumix 10 mp with 12 x optic zoom and took this last year when we had some unusual visitors in the vineyard  .....

I'd only had the camera a few days and have now mastered it a little more  !! ::)   :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:40:41 PM by scottiesmum »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 04:57:28 PM »

Those are lovely pictures, Kate. :)
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 05:14:50 PM »

Lovely pics, scottiesmum.........well done. (Don't blow them up too much, you'll get noise )

>Its been a pleasure to watch my other half beavering away in the garden.< Good stuff unkyub, that's what I like to here. Keep em at it  :whip:  :lol:

UnkyUb..............I bought a second hand Pentax slr in 1969, and I still use Pentax slrs now, albeit digital ones, now got the K10D...........simply because the manual, non-digi lenses I bought over the years will couple to the newer cameras and function properly. No other make of camera can make that claim.

Favourite wildlife lens is my old 400mm f2.8, bought second hand in 1972. Now largely held together with sellotape and chicken wire, hood falls off, and a big gouge out of the front element, but a cracker still.
An old non-digi lens , given the relative size of the digi sensor to a frame of film, and the difference in distance between the rear element of the lens and film vis-a-vis the distance to the sensor means that these old lenses are effectively increased in pulling power by 50%, so my 400mm acts as a 600mm  ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:20:42 PM by tuftedduck »

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 12:02:46 AM »

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has heard tonights or any episode of the radio4 comedy "Look away now"

It's the third time I've heard it tonight and this one was the best I think so far. I belive on 3 occasions I heard a mildly amusing comment. The reast I found very poor and too inadiquate to even be called purile.

Was that canned laughter or did they feed nitrous oxide in the studio befpre the audience arrived. I normaly love the comedies thay play. And some of the sports shows elsewhere linke fanasy football league, or they think it's all over,. But this..... was just dire  >:(

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 12:20:25 AM »

sat in the sun. got burnt. went to work. home. sleep!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 12:43:23 AM by Oh Snap. »
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »

Did the nasty sunshine make you a bit deaf hun?  There, there *strokes fevered brow* soon be better!

:P  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 12:26:13 PM »

oooh good pics Kate :) :thumbs:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »

Did the nasty sunshine make you a bit deaf hun?  There, there *strokes fevered brow* soon be better!

:P  :D

:lol: :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything