Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trump wants to 'close up' the Internet  (Read 1454 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Trump wants to 'close up' the Internet
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:13:07 PM »

Quote from: Donald Trump
"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet,"
"We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people."
http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/08/technology/donald-trump-internet/index.html

Just goes to show, how little he knows.   Sometimes I think it was a mistake letting politicians know that the Internet exists.
Hey Donald who are you going to make your twitters to if you shut down social media.  :-X

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Trump wants to 'close up' the Internet
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 11:52:26 PM »

If he can find away to stop hackers hacking that would to be great but have a feeling the WWW hacker Wars is only going to get worse  :(

phi2008

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 05:23:33 AM »

All governments will be looking to disrupt terrorists(and sympathisers) activity on the Internet, this is just Trump's hokey way of expressing himself - may amount to little?

This is really the more interesting Trump/Republican *possible* effect on the Internet - the FCC and net-neutrality. I think the Republicans will try to end net-neutrality, but Trump is not a Republican - he's a populist - so he might(?) react to any significant public backlash by neutering the Republicans.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 07:43:50 AM »

Trump is Trump; he seems crazy and possibly dangerous. Yet  could there be some truth in what he says?

I watched Amanda Holden's WDYTYA and was held by the tale of the sinking of the Lancastria, thousands lost, in 1940. The news was suppressed for the sake of maintaining morale. Could that news be so dealt with today?

The internet is great, but like a giant colander. Some time will come, when its existence will become dangerous to national security. Then the plug will have to be pulled PDQ.

anything