Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Weird behaviour on the line, so far no disconnections happening  (Read 1108 times)

raislander

Weird behaviour on the line, so far no disconnections happening
« on: November 24, 2016, 05:53:04 PM »

Hi guys, I'm posting this as since a couple of days ago, my line has started to have a weird behavior.

Every hour I can see almost at the same time more or less a drop in SNMR. It's not creating disconnection issues, but definitely a weird behavior.

Also yesterday the line was affected during the night and I lost connectivity (IP, not the VDSL) for a few 20-30mins. My guess is that BT had some troubles with the DNS during that time, but now seems to be solved.

Do you have any idea what this can be? I'm attaching the pictures.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Weird behaviour on the line, so far no disconnections happening
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 11:01:43 PM »

Timed SNRM dips like yours always gives me a DSLAM itch as if there is nothing changed in your premises to make those SNRm dips then has to a DSLAM thing.

Dips in SNRM is due to noise or sudden burst of noise and your seeing this every hour a common house oil burner will heat up to a temperature set by the thermostats IE on by 10 minutes then off for 4 minutes so we can we can rule that out.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Weird behaviour on the line, so far no disconnections happening
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:41:03 PM »

Looking at the SNRM plot, as expanded as much as possible whilst uploading to MDWS appears to be halted, those dips are definitely due to some timed electrical activity.

The Hlog plot shows a perfectly healthy metallic pathway but the QLN plot shows significant lower frequency RF ingress.

Something odd seems to be occurring.  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything