Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: CenturyLink and Calix activate North America’s largest G.fast deployment  (Read 804 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

CenturyLink and Calix activate North America’s largest G.fast deployment

CenturyLink and Calix have installed G.fast technology in Platteville, Wisconsin, in what is said to be the largest single G.fast implementation in the US to date, reaching 44 multi-dwelling units (MDUs) and nearly 800 individual subscribers.

‘We saw an MDU-rich college town like Platteville as an ideal proving ground for G.fast technology. It’s teeming with savvy young subscribers hungry for an outstanding broadband experience, yet residing in apartments and other dense housing environments that can be difficult to reach with powerful broadband technologies,’ said Aamir Hussain, CenturyLink executive vice president and chief technology officer.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: CenturyLink and Calix activate North America’s largest G.fast deployment
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:31:21 PM »

I posted this as its in my girls home town.

I was just explaining to her what G.fast was, and she told me "they already have it fitted to the pole..".

So it looks like they have by-passed holding it at a cabinet as a first stage and gone right out to the pole. I'm assuming that means a node on the pole.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

anything