Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ISPs TalkTalk, Sky, Vodafone Launch New “Fix Britain’s Internet” Campaign  (Read 1690 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

ISPs TalkTalk, Sky, Vodafone Launch New “Fix Britain’s Internet” Campaign

Several major Internet providers and other organisations, including TalkTalk, Vodafone, Sky Broadband, XLN and the Federation of Communication Services, have today launched a new campaign that encourages business to criticise the quality of Openreach’s UK network as part of Ofcom’s Strategic Review.

It’s fair to say that TalkTalk, Sky Broadband and Vodafone had mixed feelings about the proposal put forward by Ofcom yesterday (here), which once again stopped short of delivering full structural separation of Openreach (BT’s network access division) from the BT Group. The ISPs see this as the best way to deliver a strong, fast and fair national broadband network.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

niemand

• Kitizen

I cannot begin to describe how hard my face hit my palm when I looked at this site.

Got even worse when I noted Sky taking part in a site that uses sports rights as one of its complaints. This coming from the company that spends 10 figures a year on football rights and has priced sports rights into the stratosphere.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather

I cannot begin to describe how hard my face hit my palm when I looked at this site.

Hmm, ISPreview is a very good website for all things internet related, so I'm hoping you're relating to the article and not the website itself?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

It is funny how Sky and TalkTalk talk the talk but can't walk the walk they can't even put there own equipment in are exchange (LLU) and the reason why it's not commercial beneficial for them.

Come on Sky and TT put your money where your mouth is or walk !

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather

Nice one, NewtronStar!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

Nice one, NewtronStar!

It's funny how TT & Sky target large exchanges and then leave the smaller non profitable exchanges to BT and Plusnet and EE and some other ISP's they just turn there backs on us and then blame Openreach.

I wouldn't even go back to TalkTalk even if it was free BB and TEL for 20years though I may have to think about that as it sounds like a good deal only having to pay line rental.