Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: Upgraded to new Speed but problems  (Read 67862 times)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
Re: Upgraded to new Speed but problems
« Reply #375 on: April 22, 2016, 08:53:10 PM »

Ok, let me explain kitz quote snippets..

I am getting 1 Mbps more on this new package, to say that the package actually caused more problems than good, I was trying to explain that getting the Openreach engineer visit beforehand would've possibly been better, we don't know yet.

I'm so confused, sorry everyone. One person tells me G.INP will increase my speed, someone else says not, now I've just quoted in a previous post the answer so you can't argue that surely?

I don't recall 42 Mbps, anyway we're talking just a few Mbps which probably won't make any difference anyway, but it's nice to get the fastest speed your line can handle. I swear on ADSL if you have interleaving on, you get a higher sync speed because the line isn't having to work as hard, as I thought was the same with G.INP... Obviously not.

Anyway, my line is absoloutely messed up this evening, so good bye fastpath...

My line just dropped out...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:59:12 PM by William Grimsley »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #376 on: April 22, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »

Yeah I was sure your line has a fault. I'm surprised your technician didn't spot it when he came.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #377 on: April 22, 2016, 09:02:39 PM »

He said my line was "perfection"...

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #378 on: April 22, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »

If I was you William I would turn off your PC and do something else for 2 or 3 days. The errors on your line are annoying - but remember there is NOTHING you can do about them! Your banding is gone which is great news. Your line WILL settle down and DLM will get you stable again. Be happy you are on a Huawei cainet, if your line needs G.INP both upstream & down it will apply it for you.

In a weeks time you will be sync'd at 42Mbps and happy that it is stable and has nice low pings.

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2016, 09:06:31 PM »

... now go and buy Kitz another drink  ;)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #380 on: April 22, 2016, 09:07:18 PM »

Why, underzone? This is NOT controlling my life, I have just been prioritising it recently.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #381 on: April 22, 2016, 09:12:40 PM »

If I was you William I would turn off your PC and do something else for 2 or 3 days.

What I think he is saying don't look at your stats until G.INP goes live on sunday

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #382 on: April 22, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »

Ok, I'm not going to be watching it, now you all wanted me to upload and now I'm hooked, what have you all done! :lol:

Guys, I am 17, not a child, if it was starting to affect me, I'd manage it myself, now I'm saying that straight, I'm not going at anyone, alright? ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »

"That will entirely depend on your pre-G.INP DLM profile and line condition.  If the DLM had previously applied Interleaving and Error Correction then there is a good chance that it will."

I think you mis-understand.   
Your line hasn't now got any Interleaving and Error Correction, so it cant give you any more :(

Remember when Interleaving was applied when you first got 55/10?

It took away some of your SNRm which in turn decreases your sync rate.
Look at my post here
Look how I even said "Cap still in place. G.INP removed and Interleaving and Forward Error Correction applied.  Overheads from FEC redundancy reduce line rate."

I could see this because your SNRm had gone down from 9.7dB to 6.6dB.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2016, 09:19:18 PM »

Right, so my line may even end up becoming 35 Mbps again at this rate. :(

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »

Right, so my line may even end up becoming 35 Mbps again at this rate. :(

It may end up at worst being the rate it was before you upgraded and resynced it loads of times. That's worst case. I'm not sure what that was as it was hundreds of posts ago most possibly :lol:

Best case you gain more speed or keep you have now with G.INP.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »

Don't laugh, I was advised it would be better, I thanked everyone and even donated to kitz and now it's messed up again. For heaven sake!

Oh, and just to make it clear, I'm not making the above comment about anyone, I'm just done in with it really...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:25:57 PM by William Grimsley »

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2016, 09:27:44 PM »

G.INP works by removing the overheads you'd have from Interleaving, but it does have a slight overhead.

So basing this on your current scenario, you will most likely keep the sync speed you've got now, with the G.INP so no errors.

Currently your line has NO error correction hence you are getting lots of ES. Currently this is in hand for your line as none of your traffic lights are red. G.INP stabilises a line, and based on thousands of line parameters you *could* gain speed. But the idea of G.INP is to apply error correction but retain your current sync speed as best it can.

If it were me, see how it goes, we will only truly know how it affects your line when you actually get it applied to the line.

Don't laugh, I was advised it would be better, I thanked everyone and even donated to kitz and now it's messed up again. For heaven sake!

May I remind you this is an *upto* product. You aren't guaranteed the full speed. BT's checker will tell you the Clean and Impacted speed boundaries for the line. The attainable rate also does not give your actual expected speed, that's the routers estimate based on it's time of sync. This is not any of our fault, we are simply advising on the data you've provided. You were advised it would be better, no one made any promises.

Your line may just not be of good enough quality, there's a lot of limiting factors including RFI and crosstalking. The spikes you get indicate crosstalkers most likely on the line.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #388 on: April 22, 2016, 09:28:01 PM »

Ok, I'm not going to be watching it, now you all wanted me to upload and now I'm hooked, what have you all done! :lol:

If you have a boring line like my own you would check it once a day it becomes interesting during a local thunder storm event or crosstalker events that's about it

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »

My line certainly aint boring, at the moment! :lol:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

anything