Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Drop in SNRM when phone in use.  (Read 5302 times)

plexy

• Reg Member
Re: Drop in SNRM when phone in use.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 12:33:40 PM »

Seen this on our line since day dot. we had problems and I suspected this was related but after the faults were fixed this remained. Its never caused a problem with service, and several BTOR engineers (including one who was quite senior) have said it is not a fault.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,16965.msg316908.html#msg316908

in the (close to) three years its been happening ive had no issues arising from it (the throughput is fine, no DLM etc)
--
SSE 80/20
Sky 40/10
Zen 80/20
Bonded: 200/50 (in progress)

Hardware:Hg612/HH5/Tg589vac/Linux SBC router

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »

Seen this on our line since day dot. we had problems and I suspected this was related but after the faults were fixed this remained. Its never caused a problem with service, and several BTOR engineers (including one who was quite senior) have said it is not a fault.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,16965.msg316908.html#msg316908

in the (close to) three years its been happening ive had no issues arising from it (the throughput is fine, no DLM etc)

Interesting to know.... I think I will still test with nothing but he router connected in the house just to see if the issue still exists then.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »

I also get a drop when we use the phone, as does my brother.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 1147/105  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 07:25:14 PM »

Its never caused a problem with service, and several BTOR engineers (including one who was quite senior) have said it is not a fault.

Seven BTOR engineer visits and no fault found, did you get charged for anyone of those visits ?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:27:58 PM by NewtronStar »

plexy

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »

Its never caused a problem with service, and several BTOR engineers (including one who was quite senior) have said it is not a fault.

Seven BTOR engineer visits and no fault found, did you get charged for anyone of those visits ?

Several ;) not seven. I don't recall too much it was a while ago but no wasn't charged as the faults were identified in latter visits.
--
SSE 80/20
Sky 40/10
Zen 80/20
Bonded: 200/50 (in progress)

Hardware:Hg612/HH5/Tg589vac/Linux SBC router

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 09:45:03 PM »

When we moved into our current place, our interim ADSL service demonstrated this same fault prior to upgrading to FTTC. Once upgraded, the fault disappeared suggesting the (possible) HR fault is in the E-side.

Now, a little more than a year later, we're starting to get audible crackles on the phone line, so it is probably time to raise a fault report. Still no impact on the broadband, thankfully.

digitalnemesis

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2016, 08:18:53 PM »

This is a possible 'hr dis'  fault.

Took 5 engineer callouts and a line pair swap to fix the problem. I say 'fix' since my sn margin no longer drops nor do I lose sync when the phone line is in use.  There was also audible hissing and crackling noise on the line. Sort of like the broadband signal was bleeding onto the voice part. My line is very quiet now.

Hope this helps and keep pushing the engineer!
Pages: 1 [2]

anything